Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travis Chick placed on DL

Travis Chick placed on DL

NEWS 'N' NOTES:

- Outfielder Chris Dickerson was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday, April 25th (strained groin).

- Mike Nannini rejoined the Lookouts pitching staff from Sarasota on Wednesday, April 26.

- RHP Travis Chick has been placed on the disabled list (4/25/06) with triceps tendonitis.

- Josh Hall has been recalled to AAA Louisville.

- Lookouts closer David Shafer leads the Southern League in saves with six.

http://oursportscentral.com/services...es/?id=3301250

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Travis Chick placed on DL

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    NEWS 'N' NOTES:

- Outfielder Chris Dickerson was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday, April 25th (strained groin).

- Mike Nannini rejoined the Lookouts pitching staff from Sarasota on Wednesday, April 26.

- RHP Travis Chick has been placed on the disabled list (4/25/06) with triceps tendonitis.

- Josh Hall has been recalled to AAA Louisville.

- Lookouts closer David Shafer leads the Southern League in saves with six.

http://oursportscentral.com/services...es/?id=3301250
    Chick to DL...tremendous. At least the word "labrum" wasn't used.

Or rotator cuff
    Go Gators!

Nor did the name "Tommy John" appear any where.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Could that be why he suddenly became a low 90's guy? I remember hearing all this crap about him being a so called "flame thrower" when we got him. Was that just Dan O' propaganda or did he used to have that kind of velocity?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude
    Could that be why he suddenly became a low 90's guy? I remember hearing all this crap about him being a so called "flame thrower" when we got him. Was that just Dan O' propaganda or did he used to have that kind of velocity?
    Chick never was a flame thrower. Always threw in the low 90's reaching the mid-90's on good days. His fastball gets some good movement however, that is why he has been called a "power pitcher".

Maybe I just read wrong.

I heard he used to have serious gas as well.

Ten will get you twenty that "tendonitis" will turn out to be something more serious.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    I heard he used to have serious gas as well.

Ten will get you twenty that "tendonitis" will turn out to be something more serious.
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if it will be like Ricardo Aramboles going away for something supposedly minor and then never being seen again, but I don't for a second believe it's as simple as Chick just needs to give his arm a little rest.
    Last edited by M2; 05-01-2006 at 12:01 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    Chick never was a flame thrower. Always threw in the low 90's reaching the mid-90's on good days. His fastball gets some good movement however, that is why he has been called a "power pitcher".
    If a guy's fastball sits in the low 90s, touches the mid-90s and moves, that's plenty good enough to earn the power pitcher label. He was supposed to have a real nice slider to go with it, too. Chick was one of those guys -- two years ago -- that both the scouts and the stats-line readers liked. We haven't seen that pitcher yet. A combination of over-promotion and a sore arm can do that.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    If a guy's fastball sits in the low 90s, touches the mid-90s and moves, that's plenty good enough to earn the power pitcher label. He was supposed to have a real nice slider to go with it, too. Chick was one of those guys -- two years ago -- that both the scouts and the stats-line readers liked. We haven't seen that pitcher yet. A combination of over-promotion and a sore arm can do that.
    I remember reading Chick's slider was also raw. The big deal with Chick was his heavy, moving fastball, but the rest was a work in process. Maybe we have seen that pitcher, but overpromotion spoiled it. He actually had signs of that old flare this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21
    Nor did the name "Tommy John" appear any where.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    You better be waving to Mike and not Travis!

Now off the DL.

In the final game of their current series, Travis Chick takes the mound for Chattanooga Saturday night. Game time is 7:15 p.m. Another fireworks show follows the game.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_85295.asp

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Now off the DL.

In the final game of their current series, Travis Chick takes the mound for Chattanooga Saturday night. Game time is 7:15 p.m. Another fireworks show follows the game.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_85295.asp
    Pitched well too...5 IP, 1 H, 5 Ks

Turn Off Ads?