Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bruce

Bruce

anyone who has watched him a lot as well, notice that he really pulls off the ball or really tries to yank it to right. he will hit balls up the middle, but he really struggles with outside pitches and i cant recall seeing him hit one to left. he has a ton of talent and power that he doesnt need to be doing this. i think this is a big reason he has put up good power numbers since being drafted but hit under 260. that and hitting like 100 off lefties im confident this will be fixed in time, just wondering if others have noticed

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Bruce

Jay really struggles with lefties...but he did get an RBI single off one tonight. The ball wasnt hit hard, but it got through between first and second. Jay has seen his BABIP drop significantly over the past 2 weeks. I have been keeping track of his season, game by game and its been quite bad lately.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Jay really struggles with lefties...but he did get an RBI single off one tonight. The ball wasnt hit hard, but it got through between first and second. Jay has seen his BABIP drop significantly over the past 2 weeks. I have been keeping track of his season, game by game and its been quite bad lately.
    i see him a ton. its just an observation based on seeing him, not what his numbers are doing. he really tries to pull the ball instead of staying on it, say, like kearns

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Kearns never pulls the ball unless its a grounder. I do think Jay tries pulling the ball a lot, however at the age of 19, I am not to worried about it. I am more worried about him hitting lefties at this point than him pulling it...its early though still.

Turn Off Ads?