Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: MLB Draft

Re: MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    last year I listened in at home using XM Radio - which has continuing coverage of the confernce call all day both days.

If you have XM, I found it to be much more reliable and easy to use over the MLB.com feed.
    ive never had a problem listening to mlb.com since i started a few years ago

2. Turn Off Ads?

first round to be live, it looks like on video, on mlb.com

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...2006/index.jsp

????

One Man Army

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Royals owner David Glass rudely fired all-time good guy Allard Baird over the phone, hiring the Braves' Dayton Moore to replace him as GM and throwing the draft into turmoil. Baird's plan was to take North Carolina pitcher Andrew Miller, but Moore might be leaning toward Texas outfielder Drew Stubbs or pitcher Luke Hochevar, who failed to do a deal with the Dodgers.

Moore already might be learning how bad Glass is. Word is Glass, despite getting $30 million in revenue handouts, is balking at Hochevar's asking price, making Stubbs more likely.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/column...rts-columnists
    Huh? Stubbs more likely for the Royals? I know Hochevar's stock is rising, but if Moore (or the dude writing this article) thinks that Stubbs is worth the #1 overall pick at this point, he needs to cut down on the :all_cohol

Signability is probably the issue here.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

if they make stubbs the no 1 pick, ill be extremely happy cause it bumps all the top pitchers down a spot, making more available for us, but on the same end, their owner should be forced out of baseball

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    if they make stubbs the no 1 pick, ill be extremely happy cause it bumps all the top pitchers down a spot, making more available for us, but on the same end, their owner should be forced out of baseball
    Why it is all a crap shoot any ways and if Stubbs becomes a stud with the bat they should make him the comiss..

One Man Army

Quote Originally Posted by Redmachine2003
    Why it is all a crap shoot any ways and if Stubbs becomes a stud with the bat they should make him the comiss..
    It's a crapshoot, but it's rare for a guy who profiles like Stubbs to develop into a guy worth the #1 overall pick. When I look at him, I see a guy who could become a good defensive CF who steals plenty of bases and has lots of power. That's good. But, his idea of the strike zone is pretty bad. It is very, very rare for some one to drastically change their K numbers. When I see him, I think Preston Wilson. Guys like Miller, Longoria, and Hochevar are more ready to contribute and better picks.

The Royals are already one of the most pitiful teams in baseball and their owner has descended into the ranks of names like Bidwell and Wirtz as the worst owners in professional sports. Their farm system does not offer much hope as it is, especially in regards to pitching. This team needs all the help it can get; being cheap in the draft isn't going to help. They did end up drafting and signing Alex Gordon...so maybe they won't be penny-pinchers.

Then again, this could very well end up like Bullington over Upton.

Turn Off Ads?