Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Willie Mays quote on Bonds

Willie Mays quote on Bonds

I'm paraphrasing a bit but it went something like, "I never asked Barry if he took steroids because I'm not sure I would get the right answer".

Just heard this on ESPN. Wow, even his own godfather seems to be skeptical of Barry Bonds' accomplishments.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Re: Willie Mays quote on Bonds

well I think it is safe to say considering what Bonds is going through right now. After almost every at bat he seems in some sort of way limp. He is playing in some serious pain and one has to think that is a result of steriod use. I was watching Baseball Tonight the other night when they showed his HR highlights of his career and he was so skinny in a Pirates uni, and even his first few years with San Fran.. but then all of a sudden he got huge. The sad thing is he was a HOF type player in Pittsburg.. Had the pop, had the speed, had the glove along with a nice arm. Now he's got warning track power, bum knees and pain in his elbow.

Can he be stopped?

Yeah, I just watched "Rookie of the Year," you know the movie about the little 12 year old with the crazy fastball. Bonds was still a pirate when it was filmed, and the kid strikes him out. I thought I saw bonds earlier in the film when this big black guy was batting, but then I saw the name on the back of the pirates jersey and realized who it was. Like woah....

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44
    Yeah, I just watched "Rookie of the Year," you know the movie about the little 12 year old with the crazy fastball. Bonds was still a pirate when it was filmed, and the kid strikes him out. I thought I saw bonds earlier in the film when this big black guy was batting, but then I saw the name on the back of the pirates jersey and realized who it was. Like woah....
    That's such a classic movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    That's such a classic movie.
    And who knew that kid would go on to bag Tara Reid in American Pie?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I'm paraphrasing a bit but it went something like, "I never asked Barry if he took steroids because I'm not sure I would get the right answer".
    Could take this 2 ways, he thinks barry would lie (most likely) or that he would tell him the truth
    Go Gators!

Ooof.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/07/sp...rtner=homepage

I have such mixed feelings about the whole thing...just wish it would be over.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

He still productive with the stick though:

OBP .515 SLG .578, pretty good for beind washed up.

Turn Off Ads?