Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which former Bengal do you dislike the most?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corey Dillon

26 47.27%
  • Takeo Spikes

2 3.64%
  • Kimo Von Olhoffen

14 25.45%
  • Henri Stanley

1 1.82%
  • Lewis Billups

1 1.82%
  • Carl Pickens

11 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Former Bengal Do You Dislike the Most?

Which Former Bengal Do You Dislike the Most?

Title says it all
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Which Former Bengal Do You Dislike the Most?

Lewis Billups is dead. Can we hope nobody votes on the dead guy?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Yeah, if Billups were alive, I'd vote for him. But I'm not going to pile on a dead person, may he RIP. Kimo gets my vote.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Ray Griffin
    School's out. What did you expect?

I voted for Leon (Dillon), but Pickens is on my list, too. Oh, and Kimo, as well.

Takeo offended because he was silly enough to think that he was taking a step up by going to Buffalo, but he's no where near as offensive as the three I've already mentioned. I have nothing against Billups as far as his actions with the team.

And who is Henri Stanley?
    Last edited by macro; 05-07-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Ray Griffin
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo not my eyes.......................

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I've got no problem speaking ill of the dead, at least when the dead guy killed himself and another passenger by driving 100 mph without seat belts in a convertable (confirmed), and gang-raped a woman 4 years earlier (allegedly), and threatening Rex Chapman's sister (confirmed).
    Stick to your guns.

For a Level Playing Field

Lifelong Bengals fan here... I voted for Corey Dillon. Used to wear his jersey during games, but he tops all w/ his departure. There are right ways and wrong ways to handle things (like a PRO perhaps?)... Corey left Cincy in a very selfish, arrogant and immature way. Throwing your entire uniform into the crowd after the last game? Not in a nice way either, but in a ridiculous look-at-me and I-hate-your-team way. The team he hated gave him a chance that most NFL teams would not gamble on b/c of Corey's "behavioral issues" (for lack of a better term or word) and lack of major college f-ball experience. Corey was a warrior and I do not want to putdown his great accomplishments on some bad teams. But the Bengals players threw some blocks for him and the organization paid him well to carry the load (not to mention, again, the opportunity). The Bengals helped make Coey Dillon an NFL Primetimer... bad teams or not. His attitude at the end puts him tops on my list.

On Lewis Billups being listed. Why him? One dropped interception in the endzone during the Super Bowl? Or is it something else? I cannot dislike a player for one play during a game. Perhaps he deserves credit for being in position and having his man covered in order to have a chance to pick it off. That dropped INT hurt and I thought about it for years. But that is a part of the game. The guy had great coverage and stopped a potential TD on the play. If he had not-as-good coverage, then maybe he dives and bats the pass away with his fingertips for an incompletion. Then we say he made a great play despite the fact he was a step slower or made a bad turn (games can be screwy like that). What hurt more than the play everyone remembers is the TD pass to Rice on the next play who was being covered by... Lewis Billups. Billups didn't play too badly for the Bengals while there and during the Super Bowl 23 year. He had issues off the field (as stated by chili... hope you aren't the judge sentencing me ), but wasn't too shabby on the field during the good years for the Bengals. One play... can't dislike him for that forever. Other plays hurt them too (last drive and pass to Taylor).

I was mad at Takeo for awhile and I still linger despise for him. He talked some smack when and after he left. He could have done it in a better way. He is good and I enjoyed his days in Cincy. He got injured last year, so I have lightened up a bit. If he plays against the Bengals, I hope they knock him into next week though. Nothing sentimental when the game is being played.

Carl Pickens is a jerk. I rooted for him b/c he wore the Bengals uniform, but I didn't care for him too much as his final years in Cincy took place. Arrogant person who didn't accomplish squat after leaving the Bengals. That is good enough for me. No reason to pile on since he pretty much went nameless after leaving Cincy.
    Last edited by RedFanAlways1966; 05-07-2006 at 10:17 PM.

Don't know how you can't vote for Dillion.... He is a - well never mind.. this is a family site.

While some have voted for Kimo - I see no reason why.. He had a good stay here while he was here and left in peace did he not? You can't really hate a guy for what happend last year in the playoffs cuz we had a lazy oline forget to block him and perry forget to pick him up do yah? Kimo was semi-blocked into Palmer and he fell into the knee.. No Harm.. Crap happens..
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    And who is Henri Stanley?
    Career minor leaguer last seen in the Dodgers system?

French Canadian fullback who froze his brain the night before the Super Bowl by snorting a slushie too fast?

Chad Johnson's alter ego, as "Ron Mexico" is to Michael Vick?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Career minor leaguer last seen in the Dodgers system?

French Canadian fullback who froze his brain the night before the Super Bowl by snorting a slushie too fast?

Chad Johnson's alter ego, as "Ron Mexico" is to Michael Vick?
    No, Chad Johnson's "Ron Mexico" name would be "Lex Fiji" (http://www.gorillamask.net/ronmexico)

I voted for Takeo. He is a bad tipper.

Stanley Wilson

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I don't really follow football anymore so I'll say Virgil Carter
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

How about Greg Cook?

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    How about Greg Cook?
    What he do?

Other than get smashed?

Guys like Wilson or Griffin let the team down, others are prickly jerks.

The real question I guess would be who do you hate the most of these good players? or who made you cringe when you saw them take the field.

Bill "Tiger" Johnson and Homer Rice make me angrier than Carl Pickens.

Turn Off Ads?