Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does Griffey get a pass?

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Why does Griffey get a pass?

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    I understand the road trip, but there was a thread posted by a redzoner that he met Griffey this week, and was walking fine, and actually took a big duffle-bag out of his car into GAB.
    Walking and running are two different things. Two completely different things. Ask any leg muscle...

And where was Griffey walking when the RZ member saw him? Uh, the doctor's office. The doctor, the rehab people, the equipment... it is all in Cincy.

I'd rather Junior stay home... see the proper people and rehab. He is more valuable as a player than a cheerleader or mentor.

2. Turn Off Ads?

And to take this one step further, I don't see the rest of the Reds at the ballpark or Dr.'s office when Jr. is there rehabbing all day long, that is just not playing like a team. I mean come on if Jr. can go through the rehab the least his teammates can do is be there for him to support him while he is doing his rehab work.

Ok now in all seriousness. I don't know about you but if I have put in a full day of work, and believe it or not rehab IS hard work, then I'm going home afterwards and resting when I can. We don't expect the rest of the Reds to be in the ballpark all day long and then all night also when a game is played, why should we expect that of Jr.?

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

So Jr. is initially criticized for not being in the dugout while on the DL. Then, when it is found out that he has indeed been in the dugout, he is criticized for not being in uniform or possibly breaking some rule that says players on the DL can't be in the dugout. I guess when he comes off the DL he'll be criticized for not standing up straight enough for the national anthem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Paul Wilson was in uniform with the Reds on the Bench after his start with Dayton...why not Griffey?
    Who gives a rats ass, maybe he was there and you missed him?

Is that possible?

He is a sloucher.

I may be wrong here, but I don't think any team makes it a habit of taking DL'd players on road trips. If said player is due to be activated during said road trip, yeah, but that would be the only reason... especially if they're rehabbing EVERY DAY and from everything I've read, Jr is doing just that!

It doesn't even make sense.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

What does it matter if he's in the clubhouse or dugout?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

What, are you kidding me? They clearly are missing his zenlike wisdom if he is not there...

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    What, are you kidding me? They clearly are missing his zenlike wisdom if he is not there...
    GRIFFEY (to Edwin): When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you will be able to hammer your foes with a balanced attack.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    GRIFFEY (to Edwin): When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you will be able to hammer your foes with a balanced attack.
    Exactly! It's not having access to that kind of insight that led to losing two of three in Arizona.

They say he's really been effective with:
    "We are number one. All others are number two, or lower. "

Quite the motivator.

I think griffey should be in the dugout, dispensing madden-like wisdom during every game:

'You see, what you wanna do is score more runs than those guys. That way, you'll win!"
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?