Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Random Trade Thought w/ Arizona

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Random Trade Thought w/ Arizona

Having nothing to do before running a golf outing today waiting for players arrive, and watching the archive of Brandon Webb's gem the other day, what are your thoughts on him? I think he's one of the young, emerging arms in the game, and is a legitimate #1.

Realistically, what, if anything, would you give up for him?

My first thought: Felipe Lopez.

Arizona has an old Craig Counsell playing SS as well as an old Damian Easley playing SS, and Felipe would fit into their youth movement. Honestly, I'm not sure if Lopez alone would be enough for Webb, IMO probably not. One player I would like to come back with Webb would be none other than the O Dog, Orlando Hudson. While he doesn't swing the best stick in the land, I think he could easily fit into a Juan Castro role to be a glorified glove man, as well as defensive replacement/pinch runner. Our offense would definitely survive the loss of Lopez, and I think the addition of Webb would honestly make us a contender in the Central for years to come with our current core.

Realistically, I guess I'd send Lopez, Cody Ross, Olmedo or Bergolla and Travis Chick for Webb and Hudson. Still, might need something else, so I would add Germano as well, to look like Lopez, C. Ross, Olmedo/Bergolla, Chick, Germano for Webb and Hudson.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Highlifeman21; 05-08-2006 at 08:16 AM. Reason: clarify thread title

Turn Off Ads?