Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Swisher for Abreu

Swisher for Abreu

In a standard 5x5 league, would you trade Swisher for Abreu straight up? He is asking me to throw in a closer like Reitsma, but would you even do this deal straight up? thanks.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Swisher for Abreu

Yes, yes, and Yes!!!!

Always go with the proven guys. If this guy is stupid enough to give you Abreu straight up for Swisher, you do it without hesitation

No brainer. Selling Swisher high and getting a proven stud like Abreu is an easy decision.

The Phils offense is starting to heat up. Utley, Howard, Rowand are all beginning to hit the ball and Abreu will be right in the middle of it all.
    Matta = Really good

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I would do this deal in a heartbeat -- even if it cost me a low level closer. Abreu is basically a lock for 25 HR, 20 SB, 100 R, 100 SB, and .300+ average.

There's no way Swisher keeps that average up and unless you honestly think he' gonna have 100 extra base hits, he won't drive in 100 either. Sell high, buy low at it's best. If you have to throw in Reitsma (and he's not your 1st or 2nd closer), make it happen.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    I would do this deal in a heartbeat -- even if it cost me a low level closer. Abreu is basically a lock for 25 HR, 20 SB, 100 R, 100 SB, and .300+ average.

There's no way Swisher keeps that average up and unless you honestly think he' gonna have 100 extra base hits, he won't drive in 100 either. Sell high, buy low at it's best. If you have to throw in Reitsma (and he's not your 1st or 2nd closer), make it happen.
    I disagree on Swisher, but I would still make the trade.

I'd say Swisher is a lock for .280-.300 30/100 this year with the way he is hitting. At the same time, Abreu is a more complete player who will get you 20/20 ability while hitting .300.

Only way id keep Swisher is if I needed help at 1B or LF.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Selling high and buying low - always a winning combination. I like Swisher, but Abreu, in a 5X5 league, will net you that key SB league plus the Runs scored thanks to Howard hitting behind him.

Turn Off Ads?