Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: li'l princeton made the town team

li'l princeton made the town team

this is very prestigious-- supposedly you're either good or you're connected, and li'l princeton's father is the opposite of connected (yes, princeton is unplugged)

but during Sunday's tryouts the 8 year-old second sacker climbed the ladder to snag a liner, dove into short center field to steal a sure single and came up firing to start a double play, hit a couple of balls just over the third baseman's head (which is really as far as he can hit a ball) and, in spite of his father's warnings, made his mound debut and K'd both batters that he faced (despite having thrown the first two pitches completely over the catcher's head). The other fathers were going wild. as for princeton, he was just wondering where the heck this boy came from. mrs. princeton's got some 'splainin' to do

town team plays for 50 straight days beginning in late May. speaking of mrs. princeton-- will there still be a mrs. princeton at the end of those 50 days? stay tuned.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: li'l princeton made the town team

Congrats to him princeton, great to hear. No use in trying to figure out where the talent came from, just be glad he has some regardless of where it came from . Enjoy your 50 days.

I'm looking to get my son involved in some kind of select, legion, whatever ball soon. He doesn't want any part of the rec ball he's currently playing. He's 7 and won't be 8 until January.

Maybe we should move this thread to the "Down On the Farm" forum?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    this is very prestigious-- supposedly you're either good or you're connected, and li'l princeton's father is the opposite of connected (yes, princeton is unplugged)

but during Sunday's tryouts the 8 year-old second sacker climbed the ladder to snag a liner, dove into short center field to steal a sure single and came up firing to start a double play, hit a couple of balls just over the third baseman's head (which is really as far as he can hit a ball) and, in spite of his father's warnings, made his mound debut and K'd both batters that he faced (despite having thrown the first two pitches completely over the catcher's head). The other fathers were going wild. as for princeton, he was just wondering where the heck this boy came from. mrs. princeton's got some 'splainin' to do

town team plays for 50 straight days beginning in late May. speaking of mrs. princeton-- will there still be a mrs. princeton at the end of those 50 days? stay tuned.
    Oh, maybe I'll show Mrs. TR this so she can see it could be worse than games or practice five days a week (but we're talking four players, three teams).

Congrats to l'il Princeton, and for you keeping quiet about small sample sizes
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Congrats to him princeton, great to hear. No use in trying to figure out where the talent came from, just be glad he has some regardless of where it came from . Enjoy your 50 days.

I'm looking to get my son involved in some kind of select, legion, whatever ball soon. He doesn't want any part of the rec ball he's currently playing. He's 7 and won't be 8 until January.

Maybe we should move this thread to the "Down On the Farm" forum?

Great news, enjoy watching your child and what baseball is supposed to be a game for fun. Well atleast at the non professional level.

Congrats.

Here's hoping for li'l princeton to turn out just like l'il Chris Young or l'il BJ Szymanski.

Congrats

Lets sign him up
    Go Gators!

Take from a father of a talented kid, while I was a good ball player with tremendous power, that was about it for me, decent arm, no range.

My 13 year old son has it all, arm, pitching ability (lefty), fluent fielder, 9 assists last year out of 16 games.

This year, no deal, he broke his left hand in 3 places riding in a dried up creek. Season is over for him, now after averaging 166 last year bowling (the one sport his father has tremendous ability) all we have to look forward too is the bowling season starting in September.

watch your 50 games and enjoy every minute of it, because when he turns 12, he will know it all, on and off the field, and girls start getting into the picture and hormones tend to over-ride talent, lol.

GOOD LUCK.
    Bowled my 8th 300 game 01/31/2011.

Nothing like bowling a 300 game

My first round cyber-pick in the 2016 draft?

princeton the younger.

Congrats, Princeton. I've been hearing you say "challenge thy hitters, pamper thy pitchers" for about a decade now. Good luck with that .

Haunted by walks

Sounds scrappy.

Congrats. My son has a bit of athlete in him too. He likes the idea of playing, but hates the practice part. Makes me crazy.
    Suck it up cupcake.

My 8 year old loves practice. For some reason he has stopped making contact. Last year in spring ball and fall ball he had a period right after the season started where he slumped. Do 8 year olds slump? Anyway, both seasons he turned it around and ended up leading off, so I'll keep the pressure off him and work with him as often as I can. I bought a Hit'n Stick- I think that is what it is called, abd if he uses it the day of or day before a game, he seems to hit better...or maybe I am trying to justify the expense!

Anyway, he is also involved with Tae Kwon Do and my 4 year old is in tee ball, too, and I work nights, so my wife is really busy!
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

I keep telling his mother that the careers of little righthanders is very short-- once the bigger guys learn how to catch the ball, he'll be pushed aside by 9 year-olds that can bop. But for 50 days, I'll let him think that he's actually the next Derek Jeter. I'd give up a lot to think again, just for a day, that I could be anything other than nondescript.

Trust me, you are anything but.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Congratulations!

My fondest sports memories are of those days watching my oldest son develop as a pitcher. I'm betting you will have many of the same. (Probably not the thread to beer somebody)
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Turn Off Ads?