Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A fair return for KGJ

A fair return for KGJ

Suppose Griffey comes back this week and performs at a 2005-esque level between now and the AS break, staying healthy the whole time. If the Reds are still in contention, what do you think would be a fair and realistic expected return in a trade for Griffey?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A fair return for KGJ

Someone just to take him off our hands?

I don't know if JR has that much trade value these days.....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

someone to pick up a decent portion of his contract.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Half his contract and a league average starter would be fine with me.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I just don't think anyone would want his contrsct , not even half. He is done as a player and has been for a few years. Some players physically break down at different times in their careers , his was in his early 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by Col_ IN Reds fan
    I just don't think anyone would want his contrsct , not even half. He is done as a player and has been for a few years. Some players physically break down at different times in their careers , his was in his early 30's.
    He's done as a player? His 2005 numbers would beg to differ.

He's done as a position player, but I think he could do quite well in a DH setting for several more years.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

[He's done as a position player, but I think he could do quite well in a DH setting for several more years.[/QUOTE]

The guy was pratically just standing in the outfield this time.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    someone to pick up a decent portion of his contract.
    Impossible.

I'd like a good pitcher and would be 70% of the remaining deal to get it done.
    Go Gators!

If the REDS are still in contention there would be no way you would trade Junior nor would he agree to a trade.

Also most teams selling at the deadline are looking to pick up talent on next to free agent players. So the only trade that will come about in this will be in the fantasy leagues.

Should have traded him to the White Sox last season and should trade him there now. Besides the White Sox, send him to the Yankees to be their DH.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    If the REDS are still in contention there would be no way you would trade Junior nor would he agree to a trade.

Also most teams selling at the deadline are looking to pick up talent on next to free agent players. So the only trade that will come about in this will be in the fantasy leagues.
    Exactly, and the chances of Junior accepting a trade away from a contending team are remote - especially if he has emotional ties to that team.
    Remember, he can void any trade - and I do believe he likes this town.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Should have traded him to the White Sox last season and should trade him there now. Besides the White Sox, send him to the Yankees to be their DH.
    The Sox have a DH so they are a NO.

Doubt the yankees do the deal, they have so few things to trade that they won't deal them.
    Go Gators!

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    He's done as a player? His 2005 numbers would beg to differ.

He's done as a position player, but I think he could do quite well in a DH setting for several more years.
    The only person in baseball that does not know that Jr. is done as a position player is...Jr. His swing is still picture perfect, and I honestly can't tell it has lost anything, but God love him, his legs are bad...real bad. He could thrive in the A.L. for another 5 or 6 years as a DH. However Jr. wants to "play" baseball, just not hit baseball. It's hard to know when to say "when," and that goes for all of us. We all have a tendency to look at ourselves with rose colored glasses, it's human nature.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by Col_ IN Reds fan

The guy was pratically just standing in the outfield this time.
    But the daily grind of playing in the OF everyday wears his legs down and makes him susceptible to such injuries.

Again, your assertion that "griffey is done" is contradicted by the numbers he was able to put up last year. Unless you think all players who are "done" hit 35 HRs and 92 RBI.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    The Sox have a DH so they are a NO.

Doubt the yankees do the deal, they have so few things to trade that they won't deal them.
    If the Yanks are interested, I trade Junior for Melky Cabrera (you can get a look at him this week, the Yanks are calling him up and playing him everyday with Sheff going to the DL). I'd throw in cash to get the deal done.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?