Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Wilson does not equal Savior

Wilson does not equal Savior

Paul Wilson, for any of those hopefuls out there, will not save our season from the tyranny of Dave Williams, evil Brandon Claussen (b/c he is two-sided) and whoever is the fifth pitcher. My reason is that, even though Paul Wilson is only 33 years old, he has gone through numerous arm surgeries, and after two rehab starts (three if you include extended spring training), he called for a rest period (10-14 days) to regain his composure. This is bad news to me and I have lost hope that Paul Wilson will come back to be anywhere close to what he was two years ago. The Paul Wilson of 2006 (when he comes back) will be no better than a reliever because of the lack of arm strength. Wilson's fastball is around 82-83 mph when it should be closer to 88 mph. Face it, Reds fans. In Wilson, we should not trust. We must look elsewhere.
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2006: 7-2
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2007: 2-0
    Reds record while I'm in attendance in 2008: 0-1
    "I wish the stadium was filled up every night." - Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati Enquirer - February 9, 2007

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wilson does not equal Savior

The bad news is that Paul Wilson will not be the pitcher he was in '04.

The worse news is that the pitcher we saw in '04 wasn't all that good anyway.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

This is pretty clear, and many on this site have called for his retirement. Still, I really hope he comes back, as he deserves to make it with his work ethic and good guy nature.

Milton should be the bigger worry as right now he is also only throwing in the low 80s. If he could get it back up to 90, that would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by kxblue
    Milton should be the bigger worry as right now he is also only throwing in the low 80s. If he could get it back up to 90, that would be huge.
    that's a huge 'if' for a guy who's velocity comes from his legs that have a degenerative knee condition and is in his mid 30s.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Paul Wilson has a greater chance of walking on water then ever pitching again.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I don't think Paul Wilson is considered by any to be a savior of the staff.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I don't think Paul Wilson is considered by any to be a savior of the staff.
    that's not the impression i get off of Narron or Marty...or Daughtry when he's in the booth with Marty.

'savior' is too strong a word though, more like the guy who would put the rotation over the top and solidify the team into making the playoffs.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Wishful thinking on their part.
    Go Gators!

Okay, I guess I shouldn't have said "Savior", but my point was that Paul Wilson was supposed to bring this rotation over the top from its pathetic 3-4-5 rotation woes. My bad, dawgs.69
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2006: 7-2
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2007: 2-0
    Reds record while I'm in attendance in 2008: 0-1
    "I wish the stadium was filled up every night." - Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati Enquirer - February 9, 2007

Turn Off Ads?