Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odds in Griffey's Favor for Tomorrow?

Odds in Griffey's Favor for Tomorrow?

From Marc's blog:

Just figured I should throw a post up here to make sure everyone has somewhere to congregate. Long travel day back home from Phoenix today, with the Aurilia family also returning on the same flight. I'm taking tomorrow off, so Griffey-watch will be in the able hands of C. Trent.

Don't have anything to base this on, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say 60-40 that Junior is activated tomorrow. OK, maybe 55-45. It just feels like it's about time. But I guess we'll see.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Odds in Griffey's Favor for Tomorrow?

I know that many don't want him back with our recent success, but our lineup becomes that much stronger with Junior in the middle of it.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by REDSEER
    I know that many don't want him back with our recent success, but our lineup becomes that much stronger with Junior in the middle of it.
    I'd like to see him go to LF, but I know that's a pipe dream.

The offense has struggled badly over the past week. They need him.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I'm not buyin

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    The offense has struggled badly over the past week. They need him.
    Couldn't agree w/you more. Hope No. 3 is back.

I hate to see the much improved defense go down the drain when Jr and his horrible range go back to CF.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    I hate to see the much improved defense go down the drain when Jr and his horrible range go back to CF.
    You don't want him back?

Back for how long?
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    You don't want him back?
    Nope. I would much rather have a defensive CF at this point than having Griffey and his awful range. We don't need more offense, they went through a little funk in AZ but they'll be fine. What we do is someone younger who can field the position with good range. I would much rather have Chris Denorfia in CF than KGJ because he plays much better defense. Denorfia's offense would be a little less than KGJ but again we don't need more offense.

Denorfia's offense would be a little less then KGJ
    Understatement of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Understatement of the year.
    You act like that Denofia can't hit at all but that notion is one that is very untrue. Last year in AAA alone Denorfia batted .323 and had an OBP of .391 in which he had 100 hits, 41 BB's in 323 AB's. Not to mention he had 61 RBIs and he had 13 HR's which shows he has some pop in his bat too. Plus his defensive skills are so much better than KGJ.
    Last edited by harangatang; 05-08-2006 at 11:51 PM.

Lonnie Wheeler had a good point of view on the Griffey thing. I don't think Junior himself contributed to the bad defensive stats for the REDS in April. Think about the errors committed by EE who has subsequently improved. A new 1B and Dunn's calamities which have also gotten better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    Lonnie Wheeler had a good point of view on the Griffey thing. I don't think Junior himself contributed to the bad defensive stats for the REDS in April. Think about the errors committed by EE who has subsequently improved. A new 1B and Dunn's calamities which have also gotten better.
    I don't think it's errors that KGJ commits that make the Reds bad, it's the fact he can't get to all the balls he should be able to catch. KGJ is the opposite of Rafael Furcal when he was playing for the Braves. Furcal had alot of errors because he could get to balls alot of SS couldn't catch. KGJ doesn't have as many errors because he doesn't get to as many balls as he should and therefore he isn't charged with an error because he isn't as close as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    Last year in AAA alone Denorfia batted .323 and had an OBP of .391 in which he had 100 hits, 41 BB's in 323 AB's. Not to mention he had 61 RBIs and he had 13 HR's which shows he has some pop in his bat too. Plus his defensive skills are so much better than KGJ.
    You said it,AAA,thats exactly what those numbers were in.

Turn Off Ads?