Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Homer Bailey home/road splits

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Homer Bailey home/road splits

Keeping a nice little game log of Bailey's starts this year and his home and away splits are polar opposites.

Home
    IP-15.2
    Hits-18
    Earned Runs-10
    Strikeouts-14
    Walks-2
    ERA-5.74
    WHIP-1.28

Away
    IP-22
    Hits-6
    Earned runs-4(all 4 came in 1 game)
    Strikeouts-30
    Walks-8
    ERA-1.63
    WHIP-0.63

Like always, this is just for fun. Its still way to early and to small of a sample to take much out of, but just interesting nonetheless.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer Bailey home/road splits

Sarasota should wear gray in all of his starts. Or, at least bat first.

I figured I put this in here instead of making another thread.

HOMER ON: Homer Bailey, the Reds' No. 1 prospect, has proven that when he's on, he's too much for Florida State League hitters to handle.

Bailey took a no-hitter into the sixth inning Monday for the second time in three starts in Single-A Sarasota's 2-1 loss to Jupiter. Bailey got a no-decision. He left after reaching his 90-pitch limit.

Bailey walked one and equaled a career high with 11 strikeouts.

Bailey is 1-3 with a 3.35 ERA after seven starts. He has allowed only 24 hits, striking out 44 in 372/3 innings.

"We're working on some mechanical things with Homer," Almaraz said. "When he gets consistent with them, we'll move him - probably to Double-A at the halfway point."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...605100391/1071

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Beat me to it, CTA, I was just coming here to post that after seeing it on the other board... I've been a proponent of patience with Bailey, and I'd like to see them continue emphasizing his command and secondary pitches. I'm not sure I'd already have him pegged for a promotion -- nothing wrong with him killing High-A for an entire year -- but it probably won't hurt him, because it sounds like FSL hitters can't touch him if he's hitting his spots. And it's good that Alamaraz qualified it, saying he'll move only when he gains more consistency.

Having said that, I like that they've let him lead with his fastball the last few starts. Amid all the other lessons, it's good to toss in "trust your stuff" now and then, too.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

His splits certainly shoot a hole in the idea that the Local umps are favoring the home team throughout the minors.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Still a little early to draw too much of a conclusion from the home/away splits.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?