Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please move Dunn to 1b when Jr returns...

Please move Dunn to 1b when Jr returns...

and Jr to LF. This is just a desperate plea from a fan that is hoping that someone in the Reds organization is reading this.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Please move Dunn to 1b when Jr returns...

Double please!

I would be shocked if it happens.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I believe this topic has been covered on RZ,umpteenth times.

I'll pass this along to Mr. Narron when I see him today. Thanks for your support.

No, this should not happen, because even though Griffey is slowing down, Dunn would be so much worse at 1B. Plus, Jr. has played CF all his career and he would have to relearn a new position. It can't happen, plus we can use Hatteberg's OBP.
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2006: 7-2
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2007: 2-0
    Reds record while I'm in attendance in 2008: 0-1
    "I wish the stadium was filled up every night." - Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati Enquirer - February 9, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by BoCcc2832
    No, this should not happen, because even though Griffey is slowing down, Dunn would be so much worse at 1B. Plus, Jr. has played CF all his career and he would have to relearn a new position. It can't happen, plus we can use Hatteberg's OBP.
    So Freel on the bench everyday? Then when he needs time we take out one of our sluggers? And Hatteberg becomes and everyday player?

I don't see it happening, but I would like to see some double switches and maybe some starts for Griffey at LF, but not sure it's happening until Griffey signs off on it.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

That's not what I said, dang it. I wish people would get off my freaking back and stop taking what I said out of context. Stop twisting my words! You know what I mean, so get off of it. I happen to love Freel's "all-outness" because I am a runner and I love when baseball players give it their all to get a play, regardless of what it does to their body. And no, Hatteberg shouldn't be an everyday player. But he sure is a better option at 1B than Dunn is, hands down.
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2006: 7-2
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2007: 2-0
    Reds record while I'm in attendance in 2008: 0-1
    "I wish the stadium was filled up every night." - Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati Enquirer - February 9, 2007

And no, Hatteberg shouldn't be an everyday player. But he sure is a better option at 1B than Dunn is, hands down.
    Just curious as to what your basis is for feeling this way....
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

....But he sure is a better option at 1B than Dunn is, hands down.
    I would vehemently disagree with that statement. Dunn is, IMO, already a better defensive first baseman than Hatteberg and by moving him to first you would allow the 'D' to get better at other positions as well. Additionally, while 'Hat' has been hot with the bat lately, when he returns to his norms you're going to see a drag on the 'O'. Hatteberg makes a nice bench player---and that's his best option.

BTW, what does being a runner have to do with likeing Freel? Ya' lost me with that one. Does this mean that non-runners prefer players that stand around like their shoes have been nailed to the turf?

Rem

Moving Jr. to first seems to me to be the better move with all of the injuries that Jr. has had the past couple of years. It might be time for Jr. to give up CF in order to stay healthy and 1st would be a perfect fit for him. IMHO

Maybe it's just me, but Hatteberg does not appear to be that good of a fielder. I see him turning catchable balls into e's pretty regularly. Plus, he's on pace to hit 10 dongs for the season. He is a good bench guy/spot starter, but that's about it. And don't even get me started on Weathers closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal#23Fan
    Moving Jr. to first seems to me to be the better move with all of the injuries that Jr. has had the past couple of years. It might be time for Jr. to give up CF in order to stay healthy and 1st would be a perfect fit for him. IMHO
    I'm not pinpointing your post, just using it as an example because this is the perception of at least 50% of the posters on this board.

Jr (and different members of the medical staff) have said repeatedly that Jr's medical history precludes him from playing first base due to the quick starts and stops required to play the position effectively.

I wish I could find the articles but I guess I'm not using the appropriate search term(s) because so far I've been unable to locate them. But they're there, somewhere. Trust me; I've read them.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?