Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Question re: Jim Coombs

Quick Question re: Jim Coombs

On a previous post regarding aqquiring Eddy E someone mentioned it was because of a high schooler named Jim Coombs and on a seperate post when someone asked who this guy was everyone just gave a bunch of bs answers. So...I was wondering if someone could REALLY tell me who this guy was and sorry if this makes me sound stupid.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Quick Question...

Quote Originally Posted by djc27osu
    On a previous post regarding aqquiring Eddy E someone mentioned it was because of a high schooler named Jim Coombs and on a seperate post when someone asked who this guy was everyone just gave a bunch of bs answers. So...I was wondering if someone could REALLY tell me who this guy was and sorry if this makes me sound stupid.
    He's actually a poster on the board and is not actually part of the reds' system. It's an inside joke.

It's the redszone.com inside joke for many moons.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Well then who's the guy Garrett who made the infamous post ''I'm a season ticket holder and that makes the Reds employees my business''?

Here's a thread which may help.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...ght=jim+coombs

Or not on second glance.

Another example- combining with "Thug Life"

or this one- this is a very good example
    Last edited by klw; 05-09-2006 at 03:24 PM.

wait...

The Jim Coombs posts here? very cool.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

He could be reading this thread right now.

Feel honored.
    Go Gators!

Jim Coombs marinates his steaks in Mastodon Blood and only cooks them for 1 minute on each side.

They call me "chef"

Since first voicing his opinions at the Reds' annual season-ticket holders meeting in March, Garrett has gone on to become a huge part of the behind-the-scenes at Great American Ballpark. My uncle Pete, who works as a vendor, says he always sees Garrett and Krivsky sitting together behind home plate, bouncing trade ideas off one another. He also told me that the real reason Gosling was sent back down was that he showed up to the ballpark with a bruised eye and refused to tell Garrett how he had received it.

I met Jim Coobs last year. He's alot smaller in person.

A brilliant minor league career that was derailed by his inability to hit a sac fly.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I met Jim Coobs last year. He's alot smaller in person.

A brilliant minor league career that was derailed by his inability to hit a sac fly.
    I once saw Jim hit a long fly ball, with one out and a guy on third. The CF was simply dumbstruck, nay ... paralyzed ... by sight of Jim's buttery smooth swing ... he didn't even attempt to catch the ball which 2 hopped the CF wall. Jim scored standing up.

Jim Coombs don't need no stinkin' SAC Flys.

GL

Re: Quick Question re: Jim Coombs

Jim Coombs is not scrappy. He doesn't need to be.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    Jim Coombs is not scrappy. He doesn't need to be.

Jim Coombs passed scrappy long ago.

To Jim Coombs, greenies are a sedative.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Coombs once stole home from first base. He even used the little league rule of keeping one foot on first until the pitcher releases.

Jim Coombs once hit a ball that, once it left the bat, circled the earth. Obviously, seeing as it left the park, it should've been ruled a HR. Unfortunately, once the ball finished it's orbit, it fell to earth in CF where it was caught for a fly-out. This is the real reason there are currently replacement minor league umps.

Turn Off Ads?