Turn Off Ads?

Thread: More trade advice....

More trade advice....

I am currently 3rd in this 10 team 7x7 league. I just traded Travis Hafner for Pedro and Glavine because my pitching was severely lacking, and my offense was my strength.

Current team:

C - R. Hernandez
    C/OF - Willingham
    1B - Nevin
    2B - Vidro
    3B - Wright
    SS - Reyes
    OF - Holliday
    OF - Hawpe
    OF/1B - Dunn
    2B/3B - Lowell
    DL - Lee

SP - Pedro
    SP - Glavine
    SP - Lackey
    SP - Buerhle
    SP - Buchholz
    SP - Haren
    RP/SP - Liriano
    RP - Nathan
    RP - Hoffman
    RP - Papelbon
    RP - Otsuka
    RP - M. Gonzalez
    DL - Patterson

I am now trying to move a closer for a bat. I offered Hoffman for Crawford and he countered with Crawford for Papelbon.

My question is, what would you expect in return currently for Papelbon. He is obviously set in stone as the closer for the rest of the year in Boston and will probably save 45+ games. The other luxury is he is SP eligible and allows me to have 4 closers in the lineup pretty much daily.

The team with Crawford is stacked with offensive players, but severely lacks any sort of pitching outside of Webb, Lowry, and soon Wood. He needs pitching very badly. His offense includes Berkman, Figgins, Wells, Crawford, Sheffield, Delgado, Young, N. Johnson, and Mauer.

I'd really like to get ahold of either Crawford, Berkman, or Figgins. What type of offers should I put out for any of those guys? With Liriano supposedly going into the Twins rotation, I am not against adding a SP along with a reliever to obtain one of those guys.

What offers would you feel acceptable?
    Matta = Really good

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: More trade advice....

hmmm. The way I see it, Nevin should be expendable. Then you could move Dunn to 1B and put another guy in the OF/1B slot (whoever you acquired). Would he go for Bucholz/Nevin for Nick Johnson? That might be a good trade for you. Patterson should be back late next week if not sooner, and like you said Liriano should be moving to the rotation, so your SP should be real, real good now, so you can afford to lose one of your lesser SP's.

I wouldn't give up Papelbon or Nathan if I were you. Closers aren't doing to well this year, a lot of them are dropping off. Those two should be two of the better closers in the league. If you moved a closer, you should move Otsuka, Gonzalez, and Hoffman, in that order, but make all of them available for this trade. Maybe Hoffman and Bucholz, Glavine or Haren for someone? I don't know if that's enough to get you Crawford, but it might get you Figgins.

Just some ideas, but you do have some depth at SP to work with now.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I think these are 3 deals I am going to send to him.

Hoffman and Buchholz for Figgins or Crawford (He has Crawford sititng on his bench)

Glavine and Hoffman for Berkman (Doubtful, but worth a try)
    Matta = Really good

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    I think these are 3 deals I am going to send to him.

Hoffman and Buchholz for Figgins or Crawford (He has Crawford sititng on his bench)

Glavine and Hoffman for Berkman (Doubtful, but worth a try)

All worth a shot.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

He wants Glavine and Hoffman for Crawford.

If I did that trade, my 2 trades would end up being:

Pedro and Crawford

for

Hafner, Glavine, Hoffman

I don't think that is a good deal overall. If it was Berkman instead of Crawford I'd do it.

Am I wrong in this thinking? Crawford has the potential to be Top 10...hmmm

I'm going to counter with Glavine and Otsuka for now.
    Matta = Really good

You've got Reyes, and Wright and Holliday run a decent amount. You really don't need Crawford, IMO. I'd shoot for Berkman, and I would gladly give him Glavine and Hoffman for Berkman.

Try maybe Glavine, Hoffman, and Nevin for Berkman and ?? (whoever you want, doesn't even have to be anybody good), just him thinking he's getting more.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?