Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to SEND Claussen to the MINORS!

Time to SEND Claussen to the MINORS!

This guy is really beginning to tick me off. In his four losses the reds have only scored 2 runs. Management needs to send him down to the minors and teach him to hit so he can help himself, otherwise, there is no way he can win if he is getting 0.5 run support.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Time to SEND Claussen to the MINORS!

So it's Brandon's fault the offense only shows up on days Arroyo or Harang finds the mound?

Come on....

Claussen is arguably our 3rd best arm, yet gets no support, so we're gonna send him down to Louisville b/c the offense can't score when he's on the mound?
    Last edited by Highlifeman21; 05-10-2006 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    So it's Brandon's fault the offense only shows up on days Arroyo or Harang finds the mound?

Come on....

Claussen is arguably our 3rd best arm, yet gets no support, so we're gonna send him down to Louisville b/c the offense can score when he's on the mound?
    You could not detect the sarcasm in my post?

Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is often used in a humorous or ironic manner and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy
    You could not detect the sarcasm in my post?

Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is often used in a humorous or ironic manner and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words.

Thank you Mr. Dictonary/Thesaurus

No, couldn't detect your sarcasm, which means it wasn't used effectively....

Care to try again?

I can't believe you are insinuating that Brandon needs to hit home runs. Can everyone just back off the guy and let him pitch? It isn't his fault that the offense can't score. Why should he have to change his already solid plate approach just to make up for his team's weak offense? Doesn't anyone remember what they did to Dunn in 03??

Care to try again?

Care to try again?
    YES. I WILL TRY AGAIN. I am now sorry I used any literary devices in my post.

Okay... here is the summary, try to keep up.

Reds have not scored many runs in Claussen's losses.

And I stated:

This guy is really beginning to tick me off. In his four losses the reds have only scored 2 runs.

This would be irony. The incongruity here is the fact that I am blaming Claussen for the lack of run support... which in fact he has little control over in most instances unless he falls in advancing a runner through a sacrifice.

To send a pitcher to the minors because a lack of hitting prowess instead of lack of pitching prowess would be another example of irony.

Definition of Irony... for those that do not know:
    The use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning.

In Summary:

I really think that Claussen should be sent to minors. (here I am stating the opposite of my literal meaning.)

Management needs to send him down to the minors and teach him to hit so he can help himself. (here I am stating the opposite of my literal meaning.) A starting pitcher in the National League of Major League Baseball has little expectation of hitting. To send a pitcher to the minors due to a lack of hitting prowess.

I picked up the sarcasm about 1 sentence in. Once he started talking about going to the minors to learn to hit, right there is where it all kicked in.

YES. I WILL TRY AGAIN. I am now sorry I used any literary devices in my post.

Okay... here is the summary, try to keep up.

Reds have not scored many runs in Claussen's losses.

And I stated:

This guy is really beginning to tick me off. In his four losses the reds have only scored 2 runs.

This would be irony. The incongruity here is the fact that I am blaming Claussen for the lack of run support... which in fact he has little control over in most instances unless he falls in advancing a runner through a sacrifice.

To send a pitcher to the minors because a lack of hitting prowess instead of lack of pitching prowess would be another example of irony.

Definition of Irony... for those that do not know:
    The use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning.

In Summary:

I really think that Claussen should be sent to minors. (here I am stating the opposite of my literal meaning.)

Management needs to send him down to the minors and teach him to hit so he can help himself. (here I am stating the opposite of my literal meaning.) A starting pitcher in the National League of Major League Baseball has little expectation of hitting. To send a pitcher to the minors due to a lack of hitting prowess.
    Let's do the time warp again.....

Hello 7th grade English.....

Thank you for the refreshing course!

I thought the sarcasm was pretty obvious myself. Just sayin...
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

whew this thread was exhausting lol.

Let's do the time warp again.....

Hello 7th grade English.....

Thank you for the refreshing course!
    LOL. Sorry bout the English lesson. I majored in English. I just assumed the absurd post was enough to establish I was not serious.

Bottomline: Lack of run support = losses.

Bottomline: Lack of run support = losses.
    So does a 1.63 WHIP and a 5.79 ERA. Too bad he really is our third best starter.

Just my 2 cents, the sarcasm was quite obvious in my opinion, and well used, I got a kick out of it myself. Our offense hasnt really been scoring much recently for any pitcher though, top of the order (freel) sure has been slumping. I got a good feeling about tomorrow though
    We'll win it all next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblue
    So does a 1.63 WHIP and a 5.79 ERA. Too bad he really is our third best starter.

Before Arroyo came here he was our second best starter.
    Last edited by CTA513; 05-10-2006 at 11:51 AM.

This is the year to see what he's got..if he sucks we know..then we can try him in the pen.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?