Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I saw something in the sky tonight

Re: I saw something in the sky tonight

are you sure it wasn't a Close Encounter of the 4th Kind?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by tixe
    If you were in Xenia, it was probably just Tecumseh's spirit streaking through the sky.

Nothing unusual.

That's Blue Jacket.

Tecumseh was in Chillicothe.

And now, for something completely different.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    I always wondered why UFOs had lights, anyway. Seems to me if they could travel all the way across the galaxy, they wouldn't need to put little white flashbulbs on their ship.

If the bulb goes out, I wonder if they can get a replacement at Wal-Mart?
    More advanced species obviously reduce the number of lights involved in their spacecrafts until they reach an efficient number:

Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    That's Blue Jacket.

Tecumseh was in Chillicothe.

And now, for something completely different.
    Chillicothe was the name of where the Shawnee tribe lived. Which moved around so there is no one Chillicothe. Old Chillicothe is also called Old Town which is on SR 68 north out of Xenia. It's also close to where Simon Kenton ran the gauntlet.

http://www.ascho.wpafb.af.mil/Foulois/chap7.htm

Tecumseh's birth site is not known for sure. A plaque on State Route 68, south of Old Town and Goes Station in Greene County, says Tecumseh was born in the Shawnee Village at Old Chillicothe (now Old Town). Some historians believe he was born in the Shawnee Pickaway settlement on the Mad River, west of present day Springfield. All agree, however, that Tecumseh was born in 1768, just as a meteorite shower lit the night sky. The spiritual Shawnee considered this an auspicious sign and he was named Tecumseh, Flight of the Panther, the Shawnee name for meteorite showers.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I saw it too...and I managed to snap this photo:
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Did it look like this?

Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Did it look like this?

No, that would just be weird. :
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    I saw it too...and I managed to snap this photo:
    Looks like a sandwich
    Go Gators!

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

It was god.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Looks like a sandwich
    Perhapps one of those death sandwiches WOY talks of?

Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Chillicothe was the name of where the Shawnee tribe lived. Which moved around so there is no one Chillicothe. Old Chillicothe is also called Old Town which is on SR 68 north out of Xenia. It's also close to where Simon Kenton ran the gauntlet.

http://www.ascho.wpafb.af.mil/Foulois/chap7.htm

Tecumseh's birth site is not known for sure. A plaque on State Route 68, south of Old Town and Goes Station in Greene County, says Tecumseh was born in the Shawnee Village at Old Chillicothe (now Old Town). Some historians believe he was born in the Shawnee Pickaway settlement on the Mad River, west of present day Springfield. All agree, however, that Tecumseh was born in 1768, just as a meteorite shower lit the night sky. The spiritual Shawnee considered this an auspicious sign and he was named Tecumseh, Flight of the Panther, the Shawnee name for meteorite showers.
    iirc, the last time I was through there, there was also some sort of a marker in a little roadside park on the right as you were going north, but my brain is full of holes, so I could be wrong. The site that was said to be Old Chillicothe was a cornfield at that point.

I kind of doubt anyone can really point to a spot and say, "This is where Tecumseh was born" with any real accuracy. The Shawnee didn't set up a lot of historical marker signs back then.

But I think Heath was thinking of the outdoor dramas.

On another note, why are UFOs always seen near AF bases? hmmmm....
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    I always wondered why UFOs had lights, anyway. Seems to me if they could travel all the way across the galaxy, they wouldn't need to put little white flashbulbs on their ship.

If the bulb goes out, I wonder if they can get a replacement at Wal-Mart?
    The theory is that that is why they keep coimng back.... for more light bulbs, because their planet is a WalMart-free zone.

So let this be a lesson to you earthlings.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Well, it's perfectly clear to any sane human being that Xenia is the center for terrestrial operation of some alien society. The 1974 tornado was, in fact, a sophisticated weather control operation performed by the aforementioned aliens to raze Xenia in preparation for the building of their super secret Ops center. Now if you'll just look at this little flashy-thing for a moment...

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion
    the building of their super secret Ops center.
    OPS?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    OPS?
    Apparently advanced life forms have completely done away with batting average. MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Turn Off Ads?