Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This quote from Krivsky bothers me....

This quote from Krivsky bothers me....

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...605100390/1078

"....I'll tell you I was very disappointed not to work with Sean Casey. ... I would have approached him about re-negotiating his contract to see if we could have worked something out there.....He'll be a free agent at the end of the year, too. So you never know...."

Moving on from Casey was the correct thing to do, even if the "mover" didn't get much value. I know it's been beaten to death but the answer at first base is simple and his name is Adam Dunn. In the long run it would be better for Dunn as well. The idea of bringing Casey back, even at a minimal salary simply delays the obvious.

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This quote from Krivsky bothers me....

I agree completely, and then some. Casey had his time here and it is over. Turn the page and look to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...605100390/1078

I know it's been beaten to death but the answer at first base is simple and his name is Adam Dunn.

I keep hearing that. But I see better than I hear. At this point, it comes down to, who is better?

Casey or Hatteburg?

Easy answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny-Distefano
    I keep hearing that. But I see better than I hear. At this point, it comes down to, who is better?

Casey or Hatteburg?

Easy answer.
    No, it comes down to: Casey or Hatterburg or Dunn?

And that's your easy answer.

We will see if they put Dunn at 1B when Griffey returns.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    No, it comes down to: Casey or Hatterburg or Dunn?

And that's your easy answer.

And how many games has Dunn started at 1st base this season?

"oh, but the "future"," I hear you thinking.

Cincinnati Sports is famous for "the future."

Quote Originally Posted by Benny-Distefano
    Cincinnati Sports is famous for "the future."
    Greg Cook says
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Casey was/is a great guy, but slow, and that resulted into numerous double plays. If they do resign him, hit him 6th instead of 3rd, like around where Hatteberg hits. I say turn the page also.

Pretty soon you guys need to realize that Adam Dunn will not be playing 1b for the Reds this season or anytime soon. The timing of his signing of a LTC and the signing of Hattenburg tells me either Dunn requested off of 1b or Krivsky/Narron just doesn't think Dunn can handle the position. The only reason Hattenburg was introduced as a backup was to keep the illusion that Wily Mo had a starting position on this team. Dunn will not be moving to 1b.

Quote Originally Posted by puca
    Pretty soon you guys need to realize that Adam Dunn will not be playing 1b for the Reds this season or anytime soon. The timing of his signing of a LTC and the signing of Hattenburg tells me either Dunn requested off of 1b or Krivsky/Narron just doesn't think Dunn can handle the position. The only reason Hattenburg was introduced as a backup was to keep the illusion that Wily Mo had a starting position on this team. Dunn will not be moving to 1b.
    Bingo
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I think that quote was more of a case of sensitivity to the audience of casual fans who read the newspaper, but loved Sean Casey. If he had offered the prevailing RedsZone sentiment that Casey's numbers didn't justify his salary, that would have gone over like a lead balloon to Casey's legions of fans. Dan O'Brien's answer to that question would have been two paragraphs long and been so obtuse that it probably wouldn't have made it into the newspaper. By responding with regret over not getting to work with Casey the solid citizen, Krivsky's answer pushed the right, innocuous buttons.

Besides, maybe the subtext to "see if we could have worked something out there" is that he would have approached him with a lower offer to re-sign, one more representative of his numbers?

I think that quote was more of a case of sensitivity to the audience of casual fans who read the newspaper, but loved Sean Casey.
    Yep, just last night they played a fans reaction to the season during the game and the guy just mentioned missing Casey and good luck and all that.... not one mention of the current team or their success.

But that's because ...Cincinnati Sports is famous for "the past".

Sean would come at a discounted price too. If he left here on bad terms than yes it would be time to move on. He is an upgrade over anything we have at the position and no matter how hard we close our eyes and hope, Griffey and Dunn will not be at first base anytime soon. Maybe the Pirates would take Williams back for him.

He is an upgrade over anything we have at the position
    Based on what?

It was his time to go and it looks like he might have trouble coming back form that injury, it's not a clear road to recovery nor if he's healthy is he a sure thing for anything other than base hit driven ob% at a higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Yep, just last night they played a fans reaction to the season during the game and the guy just mentioned missing Casey and good luck and all that.... not one mention of the current team or their success.

But that's because ...Cincinnati Sports is famous for "the past".
    Wasn't the fan asked, point blank, what he thought of the Casey trade?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?