Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cole Hamels

Cole Hamels

Cole Hamels is going to be called up to make his major league debut on Friday vs. the Reds.

My question is, how good will this guy be this season?

Should I be looking to drop pitchers like Joel Pineiro or Kelvim Escobar to pick Hamels up?

If you could predict what tier of pitchers he'll be better than, and what tier he'll be worse than, what would you predict?

FYI, Hamels is not yet listed in Yahoo leagues. I'm sure he'll be put on the waiver wire on Friday at the latest and come off waivers depending on your league waiver wire settings. I have the 1st waiver wire priority. Should I spend it on Hamels and drop a Pineiro, Penny, Bedard, or Escobar to pick him up?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Cole Hamels

I also have been waiting to pick him up since I heard he got the call. He hasnt shown up yet and Im slightly bummed about that. Honestly, I expect Hamels to be with the team all season unless he gets hurt. I see his ERA between 3.30-4.00 but no higher. He will strike guys out. Its up to you really to figure out if you want to pick him up, but I know I am going to be trying my best to grab him as soon as he is available.

if your league counts Ks I would think he would be a good get. He has shown an ability to miss bats at a high rate at every level. The only questions about Hamels are about his long term health.

It does suck that Hamels is not listed yet on Yahoo. In leagues where players don't go on waivers when called up, it will just be who happens to be online at the time Hamels gets added.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I wouldn't drop Escobar to pick up Hamels. Pineiro would be the likely candidate, while he's off to a fast start I can't imagine his numbers will continue
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

.....and yahoo still hasn't added his name. Well, now I guess he won't be able to be used by anyone tomorrow.

Do you think yahoo is waiting until midnight to add him? He isn't part of the roster until Friday, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    .....and yahoo still hasn't added his name. Well, now I guess he won't be able to be used by anyone tomorrow.

Do you think yahoo is waiting until midnight to add him? He isn't part of the roster until Friday, right?
    Yahoo won't add Hamels to the site until midnight of the day he is called up by the Phils and added to the roster (tomorrow). He'll then follow league waiver wire settings.

So, in my league with 1 day waiver wire, he'll become a free agent with Saturday night's update (around 4-5am SUN).
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?