Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New Pitching...

New Pitching...

Has there been anything going on as far as Krivisky trying to trade for another Starter???

Is Zito on the Block?

JaredRoberts.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New Pitching...

I remember someone on here saying a couple days ago that they heard the guys on XM radio say that they think the Reds will pursue Barry Zito. I don't see it happening. The Reds won't(and shouldn't) deal away Bailey and/or Bruce for a half year rental of Zito. Now if Billy would deal Zito for a package consisting of Chris Denorfia and Joey Votto - then I do that...and offer Barry a nice LTC, which I doubt he would accept though.

In Wayne We Trust

Zito will only be on the block if Oakland is out of it early this year. Most likely he'll end up leaving after the season as a free agent. Even if he becomes available, he'll cost too much for the Reds. I'd like to see D. Willis in a Reds uniform later this summer. Go Wayne!

Bruce and Bailey are deffinatly safe with Krivisky as GM....Now if it were Dan O'Brein....We might have to worry about a Blockbuster concerning Jay Bruce & Homer Bailey traded to Whoever lands Tony Womack...

Zito will be traded sometime in June cause Beane wants more than a 2 month rental for him. Billy Beane is also not gonna let him walk via Free Agent and get nothing in return...

I'd Like to see the Reds send a couple Lower Lever prospects for him....But I also think that Krivisky would rather take a Salary Dump Pitcher (Past Examples: Hampton, Kile, etc...) rather than trade Bailey, Bruce, or Votto...

Maybe if the Yankees would eat some of Pavano's contract??? Not giving up a Top Prospect because Carl Pavano is damaged goods right now but he will probably get back to form in the NL...

JaredRoberts.com
    Last edited by Hondo; 05-11-2006 at 12:56 PM.

Just say no to Zito - What would be best for Zito is to land in Baltimore with Mazzone.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?