Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do kids under 3 need a ticket?

Do kids under 3 need a ticket?

Well I have been offered my company 4 tickets (Terrace Dugout seats ) for a game in June but the problem is I have 3 kids and a wife I want to take. I have a 6, 4 and 3 year olds but I am sure the 4 and 6 year old needs a ticket but does the 3 year old? If he does can I buy an Outer View Seat for 5 bucks and have him sit w/ us down by the field. I have searched reds.com and couldn't find the info there so I am turning to the best source on the web the Redszone!

This will be my first trip to GAB because of family commitments but now my older two are getting into baseball some and this oportunity is something I am looking forward to.

Thanks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Do kids under 3 need a ticket?

33 inches or taller ... I took my 3 year old last night and they told me this not age is the barometer. I would pay a cheap seat and have the little sit in your lap if necessary.

age isn't because kids usually aren't carrying around IDs lol
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    As long as you child can sit with you without causing a problem with other fans seating around you, it would not be a problem.

If you would have went tonight, you can have had a whole section to yourself.

I would actually go up to the entrance and ask someone. If they say he needs a ticket go buy a cheap one for them.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellowjackets"

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    If i had a kid I would make a fake that says he is under the age limit to go in for free.

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    33 inches or taller ... I took my 3 year old last night and they told me this not age is the barometer. I would pay a cheap seat and have the little sit in your lap if necessary.
    Thanks! He just turned 3 and was measured at 33 inches (yes he is short for his age) so I think I could get in w/o a ticket but if need be could buy cheap one to get in and take him to our seats.

I have my picks of a number of games and though out the night games because the kids would get cranky so that let the Cubs game on Sundy the 11th or the Brewers on the 14th, I think I am going w/ the Brewers because of less of a crowd so maybe I don't have to worry about somebody being in front of use and the kids kicking the seat. Because if my kids are disturbing someone else we will be watching from someplace else.

They have to be able to walk UNDER the turnstyle... which is probably 33".

However, if you put your child in a stroller, they will never ask you to take the child out to check this.

Our little guy was 33" tall much earlier than most even though he was probably 2! But they never checked. He's 5 now and almost 4 foot.... heck, he may be 4 foot. I don't think we've measured him in awhile.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Haunted by walks

I think it's awful of you guys to buy a cheap-seat ticket for the kid. If the little guy has to sit all by himself without the family, at least give him the good seat.

We did the 5 people in 4 seats for a long time. When my kids were little, they liked sitting in mom and dad's lap. Or sometimes the two girls would squoosh into one seat (mostly at Riverfront where the seats were roomier).

If we sat in a somewhat unoccupied area, we'd just sit in 5 seats because usually there were unoccupied seats around and people were willing to shift over.

As they go older, we had to buy the $5 ticket to get my youngest into the park. And it was a standing joke to tell our youngest "OK sweetie, it's time for you to go to your seat, see?, it's up there in the upper deck, see you after the game, ask for help from a policeman if you get lost, here's money for a bus ride home". The first couple times we said that we would get a horrified and panicked look. After that, we'd get the eye-roll or they'd just beat to the punch and tell us bye, going to our seat now, ha-ha.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    They have to be able to walk UNDER the turnstyle... which is probably 33".

However, if you put your child in a stroller, they will never ask you to take the child out to check this.

Our little guy was 33" tall much earlier than most even though he was probably 2! But they never checked. He's 5 now and almost 4 foot.... heck, he may be 4 foot. I don't think we've measured him in awhile.
    Last year I had 3 tickets for 4 people and the 4th was my 3-yr old. We walked into the gate on the 3rd base side and I went to the usher before I walked in and asked if my son needed a ticket. He had him walk over to the turnstile (no one was waiting in line) and he "dropped" a quarter and asked my boy for his help. My son leaned under the turnstile and walked in and picked up the quarter. Usher told my son, Thanks, let him keep the quarter and walked away.

Now I just buy a $5 Outer View and he sits on my lap.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003
    I think it's awful of you guys to buy a cheap-seat ticket for the kid. If the little guy has to sit all by himself without the family, at least give him the good seat.

Now that Funny!!!!

This rule is prejudiced against tall people! What if your kid is with his friend and they're the same exact age but one is 33" and one is not? Booooo.

Oh well, I guess short people suffer enough in other parts of life.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

My youngest is 4. When he reached 33 inches, I just carried him in and didn't get him a ticket. It worked every time I tried it, until I just decided it was time to pay up and start buying a ticket for him, too.

I wonder what ace the Reds could have signed if all the 34-36 inch kids that got in free had paid?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

One tip: Carry your kid in as you go through the turnstiles. One ticket taker suggested this to us when my daughter was a toddler a few years ago at GABP. This makes it look like they can sit on your lap. The Reds actually are pretty easy going about this. They want to encourage families.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    I wonder what ace the Reds could have signed if all the 34-36 inch kids that got in free had paid?
    Totally agree. Our little guy is very tall for his age and always has been (except when he was a baby).

My own interpretation of why the rule is based on size instead of age is because a bigger kid will probably take up a seat (preferrably, an unpaid-for seat) whereas a smaller child will not and be just as happy on someone's lap. It's the only thing I can come up with.

But like someone else said, they're extremely lenient about it. And that's very accomodating of them because they don't have to be. That said, look for the leniency to change when the Reds are ten games up in July and the park is sold out every night!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?