Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buchholz getting lit up

Buchholz getting lit up

that BABIP normalizing hits home hard. Like I said after seeing him pitch in Cincy, he doesn't miss bats and his stuff is nothing special. He's better than the end of the Reds rotation but I honestly think his future is in the pen
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Re: Buchholz getting lit up

With Kearns getting 4 hits and Bucky giving up 6 early runs, FCB is certainly having a bad night.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    With Kearns getting 4 hits and Bucky giving up 6 early runs, FCB is certainly having a bad night.
    And Phillips might be getting on track with three hard hit balls today... he might go dig a hole.

Dodgers give Tomko a 9-0 lead and he still leaves after 6.....
    "Is there a problem officers?"

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red-in-la
    He threw 104 pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by red-in-la
    Just like Dodger fans.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Why all the nitpicking on FCB? He's a great poster. I certainly don't agree with his opinion of Kearns, but he has his opinion and I respect that. I don't really see the need to pick on him.

Man Pills

Buchholz has one bad start on a long west coast swing. Those never happen.

I guess we should start writing Oswalt's obituary, too, after surrendering 7 runs in 4 1/3 innings in SF the other night.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 05-11-2006 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Buchholz has one bad start on a long west coast swing. Those never happen.

I guess we should start writing Oswalt's obituary, too, after surrendering 7 runs in 4 1/3 innings in SF the other night.
    Go ahead and start writing Pettitte's obituary as well. :

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    Knowing Kearns' history of injuries and attitude, would you sign him to a multi-year deal--remember, he becomes a FA at the end of next year? He'll be 27, with a slightly above average career right fielder's OPS. Is that the kind of player you give many years to? I wouldn't. I'd be looking to cash him for something worth having the next five seasons, affordable, and most of all productive in his affordable years, unlike Kearns.

I think it's great that he's producing; I can't think of better news--it means he might actually be worth something at the deadline for once.

Except Oswalt is established and Bucholz is a rookie.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Why all the nitpicking on FCB? He's a great poster. I certainly don't agree with his opinion of Kearns, but he has his opinion and I respect that. I don't really see the need to pick on him.
    It's called "friendly ribbing"
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    Except Oswalt is established and Bucholz is a rookie.
    So when rookies have one bad start that means they're doomed to suck for eternity? Seems a little backwards to me. Even with the bad start, his WHIP is 1.04--he's not stinking up the basepaths so far. Time will tell.

Even with the bad start, his WHIP is 1.04--he's not stinking up the basepaths so far. Time will tell.
    Buchholz doesn't miss enough bats to be successful in the long run as a starter, he needs at least a 50% rise in his K rate. My point was his early success was built on the smoke of a sub 15% BABIP. His BABIP is now 22% which indicates the regression to the mean is likely not complete.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Buchholz doesn't miss enough bats to be successful in the long run as a starter, he needs at least a 50% rise in his K rate. My point was his early success was built on the smoke of a sub 15% BABIP. His BABIP is now 22% which indicates the regression to the mean is likely not complete.
    I'm not ready to make any kind of judgment at this early point in his career as to how his BABIP is going to affect his career. Right now, I'm judging him on what he once had as stuff. But you and a lot of others say his stuff sucks, and I'm just going to have to take your word for it; I haven't seen him pitch in several years, but what he had then was great.

And as far as Phillips goes, he's had one great week and one putrid week so far as a Red. Too early to say anyone's turned any kind of corner.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 05-11-2006 at 10:35 AM.

Turn Off Ads?