Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Royals claim Chris Booker off waivers

Royals claim Chris Booker off waivers

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

By Alan Eskew / Special to MLB.com

KANSAS CITY -- Right-hander Chris Booker will join the Royals bullpen on Friday in Baltimore.

The Royals claimed the 29-year-old Booker off waivers from the Phillies on Wednesday. Booker was a Rule 5 Draft pick last December by the Tigers, who sold his contract to the Phillies.

The Phillies put Booker on the disabled list on March 29 with left knee inflammation. He had a 1.29 ERA in six relief appearances with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, the Phillies' Triple-A farm club. He had allowed one run and four hits in seven innings, while striking out seven and walking three.

Booker spent most of last season with Louisville, the Reds' Triple-A affiliate, where he was 8-4 with a 2.49 ERA and 20 saves in 59 relief appearances. He struck out 91 in 65 innings. Booker was a September callup and had a 31.50 ERA in three appearances with Cincinnati, allowing six hits, including two home runs, and eight runs, seven earned, in two innings.

Booker missed the 2002 season after having shoulder surgery in March and pitched just 16 2/3 innings in 2003, going on the disabled list twice with shoulder injuries. He did not start his 2004 season until May 19 due to a shoulder injury.

The Royals, who have the day off on Thursday, will make another move on Friday to clear roster space for Booker.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: Royals claim Chris Booker off waivers

I still not not understand why this guy never got a shot with the big club.

Re: Royals claim Chris Booker off waivers

Man, are the Royals desparate or what? I hate to be one cut to make room for Booker.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?