SS- D. Jeter
    OF- J. Bay
    OF- J. Gomes
    OF- M. Holliday
    UT- T. Hafner
    UT- B. Hawpe
    BN- C. Crisp

Categories are: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS

A guy in my league is looking to trade Eric Chavez, Alexis Rios, Jhonny Peralta, or Nomar.

I was thinking about offering him Mora and maybe Brad Penny, Joel Pineiro, or Erik Bedard in exchange for Chavez? Would you do that? Mora currently has more hits and runs than Chavez, but Chavez is beating him in HR, RBI, SLG and OPS by a pretty good margin. Most of the categories are real close.

Also, should I look to trade Hawpe for Rios, or just keep Hawpe?

And should I offer anything to him for Peralta or Nomar?

Any advice appreciated.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Advice

I'd think you need to target Chavez. He is currently battling food poisining, but obviosuly you'd think he'll be fine soon from that.

Chavez will outperform Mora in all catergories in your league except R, H, and AVG.

Hawpe for Rios is totally on who you think will continue the torrid pace each has been on to start this year. They are each relatively unknowns before this season.

When Crisp gets back you are going to have to bench Hawpe I would think. Unless Crisp doesn't hit well.

I think Hawpe will be better than Nomar the rest of the way. It will probably be close as far as Peralta vs Hawpe. I'd probably take Peralta since he hits in front of Hafner and Martinez. Hawpe will have more RBIs, but Peralta will score more runs.
    Matta = Really good

He wants Matt Holliday for Chavez, and said that he won't do any other trade but that one.

I don't think I'm going to do it. I like Holliday and he plays 1/2 his games at Coors. Chavez, not so lucky. Holliday will probably give me more SB's than Chavez, and I need all I can get.

As for the other players, I told him I'd consider Hawpe for Peralta, but he's not interested in that, he doesn't like Hawpe at all, so that rules out Hawpe for Rios as well, and I don't really want Nomar. I've gotten burned by him and his injuries in the past, and I'd just rather not deal with him.

Hmmm. Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to pull off a move here. I would think about Holliday for Chavez if I thought I could move Mora for an outfielder, but I don't think anyone will give me an OF that I'd want for Mora.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Ok. The team I've been talking to just dealt Vlad Guerrero for Pedro Martinez and Austin Kearns. He's now looking to deal Pedro. I think getting an ace pitcher could really only help me. What should I start off with as an offer.

My current pitchers are:

SP- B. Myers
    SP- K. Escobar
    SP- J. Pineiro (will drop him for Hamels)
    SP- B. Penny
    RP- B. Ryan
    RP- C. Ray
    P - J. Papelbon
    P - T. Gordon
    BN- E. Bedard
    DL- J. Patterson
    DL- R. Harden

He said that he's mostly looking for offense in this deal.

Should I offer Bay for Pedro, and maybe throw in another pitcher (Penny or Bedard?).

What do you think?

If I get Pedro, my main starters when everyone's healthy would be:

SP- P. Martinez
    SP- R. Harden
    SP- J. Patterson
    SP - B. Myers
    RP- B. Ryan
    RP- T. Gordon
    P - J. Papelbon
    P - C. Ray
    BN- K. Escobar
    BN- C. Hamels or Bedard.

I have Crisp on the DL that could take Bay's place in the OF when he returns.

On the waiver wire is:

R. Winn
    (SF - OF)
    S. Green
    (Ari - OF)
    Lu. González
    (Ari - OF)
    C. Guillén
    (Det - SS)
    C. Shelton
    (Det - 1B)
    C. Granderson
    (Det - OF)
    O. Cabrera
    (LAA - SS)
    M. Lowell
    (Bos - 2B,3B)
    C. Wilson
    (Pit - 1B,OF)
    J. Hardy
    (Mil - SS)
    K. Youkilis
    (Bos - 1B,3B)
    R. Zimmerman
    (Was - 3B)
    Last edited by Red Leader; 05-12-2006 at 11:35 AM.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

He really likes Jonny Gomes. He might be interested in Gomes and Bedard for Pedro.

I could do that, I think. I'd likely pick up R. Winn, S. Green, O. Cabrera, M. Lowell, or C. Shelton to take Gomes place.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yep, he just sent me another email and said that he had interest in Jonny Gomes. So my package has to revolve around Jonny Gomes. I'm thinking Gomes + Pineiro, Penny, or Bedard and I have to do it. Any better pitcher than those three with Gomes, and I'll have to think about it, a lot.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Shoot for Gomes + Pineiro. Penny is pitching like an ace, and Bedard has that potential plus Leo Mazzone as his coach.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Thanks for your advice, Johnny. I have to spread it around before I can give you more rep.

You would make any of the above trades: Gomes + any of those three pitchers, no questions asked, correct?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Thanks for your advice, Johnny. I have to spread it around before I can give you more rep.

You would make any of the above trades: Gomes + any of those three pitchers, no questions asked, correct?
    Gomes + any of those 3 pitchers I would do.

In order of who I'd move with Gomes 1st:

1. Pineiro
    2. Bedard
    3. Penny

I now have Pedro in a league and I would not move him for that package, so that means you should get him for that package and not be stressed about it.

BTW, I traded Hoffman for Matsui in my Pedro league. Guy plays 1700+ games straight and I trade for him and he's out for 10 weeks. Unreal.
    Matta = Really good

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    Gomes + any of those 3 pitchers I would do.

In order of who I'd move with Gomes 1st:

1. Pineiro
    2. Bedard
    3. Penny

I now have Pedro in a league and I would not move him for that package, so that means you should get him for that package and not be stressed about it.

BTW, I traded Hoffman for Matsui in my Pedro league. Guy plays 1700+ games straight and I trade for him and he's out for 10 weeks. Unreal.

Thanks, you guys. I had a feeling that this was a "don't even think about it" deal, but wanted to be sure. I'm surprised he didn't want Bay, but Gomes has been pretty good so far this year.

Now this guys giving me the run-around. Well, let me think about it over the weekend, I have other offers for Pedro on the table, etc, etc. I told him we should come up with an agreed upon trade today. Haven't heard back from him since then. Since he is so crazy about getting Jonny Gomes, I think I'm in good shape, but we'll see. The other offer he has on the table, I believe, is for Chone Figgins. So, if he wants to go for speed, he'll take the other offer, if he wants power, he'll go with mine. I think he'll go with mine. I'm hoping at least.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

This guys jerking my chain.

Now he says that the other offer he's got on the table is a better offer because it's a multi-player deal and he's getting more than 1 superstar player.

My guess is that he's getting Figgins, Dunn and Sheets and giving Pedro and Chavez.

Can I beat that offer? Should I beat that offer?

I don't want to give up any SP's other than Escobar, Pineiro, Penny, or Bedard for Pedro.

He really likes Matt Holliday, but I'm not all that interested in dealing him.
    He doesn't like Hawpe.
    He like Jeter, but I don't think I want to move him, even if he gives me Peralta in return.
    He doesn't need a closer.

Just not sure what else and try to do here, or just let him deal Pedro to someone else.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?