Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Roll call

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Roll call

Ok, was anyone else there tonight besides me? I hardly have a voice right now. I was sitting four rows behind the first base dugout, right where Jr. did his curtain call after the homer. I can't remember the last time I went through such a manic depressive experience at a ball game: elation at the way Bronson was pitching, anger and depression at the bullpen giving up the lead, and flat out unbelievable giddy happiness when Jr. connected. Was I the only redszoner to witness it live? I am so glad I didn't leave early. I have to get up at 6:00 am and I haven't calmed down enough to go to bed yet. I hope this is one of those games that we will look back on later in the season as a spark that started something good. Time will tell.

Re: Roll call

I drank a bloody mary at the bar tonight as something of a rally cap.

My girl thought I was nuts until Junior hit the homer.

I think she's starting to come around a bit.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

ORH, you are a good man for braving the cold and damp. But Wow! Was it ever worth it!

You're description of this game was dead-on. I can understand why you can't sleep. Maybe you should run around the block a couple times every hour and just stay up all night!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    ORH, you are a good man for braving the cold and damp. But Wow! Was it ever worth it!
    I was only there to see Bronson pitch. I found myself close to downtown around 6:30 and made a spur of the moment decision to go. I didn't expect to see what I saw in the 11th. He was really sharp tonight and deserved the win. It was an exciting finish, but it's still something of a shame Weathers couldn't nail it down for him.

I was there right next to you...section 132. Just now getting home and settling in.

I went from despair to elation in the 11th alone. From wanting to send Freel to his room with no dinner for that silly try at a double to going nuts as soon as Junior's ball left the bat. I was there with my dad which made even more special.

What an awesome night.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody
    I was there right next to you...section 132. Just now getting home and settling in.
    I don't know what section I was sitting in. I paid for a bleacher seat but sat in that section behind the dugout for the entire game. Heck, I might have seen you and not even known it. Zoners just don't stand out in public.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    I don't know what section I was sitting in. I paid for a bleacher seat but sat in that section behind the dugout for the entire game. Heck, I might have seen you and not even known it. Zoners just don't stand out in public.
    We are in the first section beyond the end of the dugout. I was the guy in the Reds' hat.

Definitely another sparse crowd. The place cleared out after the top of the 11th like they were handing out twenties in the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander

You might have given each other high fives and did'nt even know you were brothers!! well redzone brothers!!
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Oh I was there, sec 113, row L, seat 1. See the game thread to learn more about my wonderful evening. ORH you know what I mean.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I was 5 rows up in section 423, right behind home plate. My best friend left the game with his girlfriend in the top of the 9th....I told him he shouldnt ever leave a game early, and now he will never hear the end of it from me.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    I was 5 rows up in section 423, right behind home plate. My best friend left the game with his girlfriend in the top of the 9th....I told him he shouldnt ever leave a game early, and now he will never hear the end of it from me.
    Keep it on him!

I learned my stubborn never-leave-until-the-bitter-end attitude from my dad...there was no chance of us leaving early last night.

I don't know about you guys but this morning came awfully early today...it's gonna take me a few extra cups of coffee to get going.

Turn Off Ads?