Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Griffey or Kearns to NYY?

Griffey or Kearns to NYY?

On SportsCenter Buster Onley speculated the Yankees might try for Hunter, Kearns or Griffey now that their outfield is falling apart....

Do the Yanks have anything we want? Hughes? looks like he might be a big injury risk.

Is taking Griffey's contract enough?

Edit: Maybe Freel instead?
    Last edited by GullyFoyle; 05-12-2006 at 01:20 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Griffey or Kearns to NYY?

To elaborate a bit...

It looks like Matsui will be out 2 or 3 months with a fractured wrist...

And according to the NYTimes Sheffield's injury could be worse than expected...

Quote Originally Posted by NYTimes
    Manager Joe Torre said that he expected Matsui to miss about three months, but that he was hopeful that Matsui could come back this season.

Compounding the problem is the growing concern within the organization that Gary Sheffield's injury could be much more serious than it first seemed. Sheffield, the right fielder, is scheduled for another magnetic resonance imaging exam next week on his injured left wrist and hand. The fear around the team is that a bone within the hand may require surgery.
    Last edited by GullyFoyle; 05-12-2006 at 01:31 AM.

Well, if a trade does go down, I think Krivsky rakes the Yanks over the coals. No way is he going to trade Griffey or Kearns on the cheap while we're still at the top of the division. I doubt the Yanks would have interest in Freel. With Matsui and Sheff out, they need a power bat. Kearns and Griffey are the two that make sense.

Maybe they could do Melky Cabrera, Carl Pavano and another prospect for Griffey to make the salaries close and try to address both teams needs.

For Kearns, it would probably take Cabrera, and a top pitching prospect.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 05-12-2006 at 01:37 AM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

If the REDS are in contention you trade someone on the scrap heap for help. So one of the effective guys in the yanks bullpen and given them Cody Ross.

The Reds are in contention because of a bit better pitching this year and a great offense that's learned how to produce quality at bats, in addition to adding more power.

And while they're in contention, I don't think you can trade away any valuable pieces in that offensive production.

They need to get another pitcher from somewhere else... catcher maybe? And the Yanks don't need a catcher.

I have faith in Krivsky; he's not going to do something stupid. Just because the Yankees need something that we value doesn't mean they're going to get it. The Yankees can go to you know where!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Why would Griffey agree to a trade if the Reds are in first place?
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    The Yankees can go to you know where!

But if we could get over compensated for someone then the Yankees in the past would be the place to go.

But they don't have much in the cupboard anymore...

Kyle Farnsworth could close for the Reds. And for about half of the other teams in MLB.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Kyle Farnsworth could close for the Reds. And for about half of the other teams in MLB.
    They can put his locker next to Paul Wilsons.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle
    On SportsCenter Buster Onley speculated the Yankees might try for Hunter, Kearns or Griffey now that their outfield is falling apart....

Do the Yanks have anything we want? Hughes? looks like he might be a big injury risk.
    The conversation doesn't start until Philip Hughes is already part of the deal, IMO.

He's an injury risk, as has been said, but he dominated High-A ball the way everyone expects Homer Bailey to, and he's already just been promoted to AA. You never want to bank the farm on a prep arm, but the thought of Hughes and Bailey in the same rotation is almost too good to pass up.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Not a fan of Pavano, I'd rather just eat the cash and get everything (not much) that they have.
    Go Gators!

I would be looking at something like Jr for Hughes, Cabrera and Farnsworth or Matt Smith. No money changes hands. Yankees don't have enough for me to deal Kearns to them at this point. But I can deal Jr because he is more marketable in NY and he has not had a key role on this team to date.

Neither!!!.. why does everyone seem on this site to want to hurry and trade Griffey, Kearns Lopezand Dunn?????... why the heck would you screw the success of the team up now?? this is a team with a VERY different attitude.. they belive in themselvces and belive that BOB will get us help to WIN, not trade all our best offensive weapons to help other teams out...it doesnt make sense!! im so glad that nobody from this site is GM.. we would be looking at rebuilding again!!! and not seeing WINNING for along time... sit back and let BOB run the show.. he knows what he is doing..

Yankees minor's are an empty scrap yard. No thanks.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Yankees will pick up a Michael Tucker or Kenny Lofton type...

If I were the Royals, I'd send them Reggie Sanders for whatever...

(well...if he gets off the DL)

edit

(not on DL...just day to day for the last week)
    Last edited by oneupper; 05-12-2006 at 10:36 AM.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?