Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Columbus 'Zoners...Let's get Together.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: Columbus 'Zoners...Let's get Together.

I am a relative newbie to this board...so my opinion doesnt mean much...but how about getting together at Cooper Stadium the next time the Louisville Bats (Reds AAA affiliate, of course) come to play the Clippers? Nothing like baseball live...

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm up for it! I've always wanted to go to a sports bar to watch a game and hang out. My friends aren't really into sports and I'm not mean enough to make them do more than a few Clippers games here and there.

Oh, I just read the last post and that would be fun too. We could always do both .
    "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh" -Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Just in case....the Louisville Bats visit Cooper Stadium June 30th - July 3rd and August 23rd and 24th...and if it matters...Friday June 30th (7:25pm), Sunday July 2nd (1:05pm) or Wednesday August 23rd (7:05pm) work best for me...and even though it is late in the season..August 23rd may be best overall since it doesnt conflict with the "Battle of Ohio" against the Tribe...

Not a bad idea at all.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Cool....I say lets try to get a consensus on a date and take it from there....

Well after ochre gets back, we've got the White Sox (although I'm thinking about driving down for one of those games, Reds at home), Mets(away games), the Indians(away games), and lastly in June the Royals(home). Any preferences? Although I suppose it's more a matter of what day would be good for everyone.
    "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh" -Al Swearengen, Deadwood

I'm going to throw my vote in for either the sunday july 2nd game...or, even though it is late in the season...the wednesday august 23rd game

So any updates?

No updates yet...i stated my preferences earlier.....i would like to make it work, possibly get a C-Bus Redszoners mention on the Cooper Stadium board...

Let me know...this sounds like fun.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

I say all of us Columbus Redszoners meet at Gate 1 at Cooper Stadium on Sunday July 2nd at 1pm and buy box seats behind the 3rd base dugout---which will be the one that has the Louisville Bats team inside it....whoever is interested say so on this thread and then we can figure out some way to identify each other on Game Day...

Just my idea....

I dunno.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a casual, bar type get together.

The game idea sounds great, but I'd like something a little more casual since it would be the first time most of us would be meeting each other.

I'd just like to find a nice place to plop down, swill whatever you please, eat some wings or something, and watch a Reds game on television.

If most people want to go to the Coop, I'll be okay with it, so maybe we should vote.

I'll vote bar, of course, but I'll be happy with whatever the masses desire.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I think it would be fun to watch one of the Indians/Reds matchups, btw.

I know of a place called The Rose and Thistle. They have a big screen television, and lots of room to spread out....Plus a great selection of Irish Pub type food, and lots of great beer on tap. They always have Reds games on, and they'd gladly switch to it if they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels

I'll vote bar, of course, but I'll be happy with whatever the masses desire.
    I vote sports bar as well. It's a lot more conducive to meeting and getting to know people. A ball game isn't as social.. particularly because I'd probably end up bringing my family, as I couldn't tell my kids I was going to a game without them. So, I'd be tied up with the little Redreads during a game.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

So is anyone interested in going to the Rose and Thistle for one of upcoming games against the Indians(Friday-Sunday)?

I might have some comfest stuff to go see but I would definitely maybe go to some kind of Reds event. I barely watch the Reds these days because of our cat(she lives where the cable tv also lives) so it would be great just to get some non-allergen viewing time in. I'm also interested in going to see the Clippers. I'm sure I'll be there anyway .

Turn Off Ads?