Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Columbus 'Zoners...Let's get Together.

Re: Columbus 'Zoners...Let's get Together.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    I think it would be fun to watch one of the Indians/Reds matchups, btw.

I know of a place called The Rose and Thistle. They have a big screen television, and lots of room to spread out....Plus a great selection of Irish Pub type food, and lots of great beer on tap. They always have Reds games on, and they'd gladly switch to it if they didn't.
    This is a great bar.. if it's the one I'm thinking of on Chambers that is like in the basement of an apartment building... good little secluded spot.

I grew up in Columbus but unfortunately I'll be here watching the Redlegs and the Tribe hopefully!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah, I forgot about comfest.........I have to MC this thing that's going on after on friday and saturday.

Sunday, I'll be at the game, so that's off.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'd like to get as many people together as possible.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Hey I'll be at Comfest Saturday. Wheels what are you MC'ing? I'll also be at the game on Sunday, in the bleachers. PM me, we should get together.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Well im in for the Clippers game Vs. The Bats, cause im underage, lol, and cant go into a bar...lol, but dont let me ruin your plans, it will be fine no matter what
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Hey I'll be at Comfest Saturday. Wheels what are you MC'ing? I'll also be at the game on Sunday, in the bleachers. PM me, we should get together.
    And yeah I'm an idiot. The back to back Indians weekends are confusing me, so it's next Sunday's game that I'll be attending.

Also um Wheels, are you Steven Slaybaugh? I ask because he talks about going to the Reds-Indians game on Sunday here:

http://www.wecolumbus.com/blog/2006/...mfest.php#more

And I thought I remembered you saying that you did some local music writing. So just curious.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    And yeah I'm an idiot. The back to back Indians weekends are confusing me, so it's next Sunday's game that I'll be attending.

Also um Wheels, are you Steven Slaybaugh? I ask because he talks about going to the Reds-Indians game on Sunday here:

http://www.wecolumbus.com/blog/2006/...mfest.php#more

And I thought I remembered you saying that you did some local music writing. So just curious.
    Hah!

No, but he's one of my really good friends.

I didn't know he was gonna be at that game. It's a small Columbus we live in.

I have some very funny stories about Mr. Slaybaugh if you wanna hear 'em.

Now the MC thing is off for now.....I chickened out, sorta. I don't really like any of the bands that are going to be playing, but the girl running the thing thought it would be funny to throw some beers down my throat and put me up on stage to say stuff about them. I just decided I couldn't do it if my heart wasn't really in it.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Hmm so....Well I'll be at the Clippers game Sunday so if anyone wants to meet up that is cool.

As to seeing a game at the bar, I'm up for whatever. Any suggestion for the day?
    "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh" -Al Swearengen, Deadwood

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

It seems that a few of you (Larkin 411; Sean Casey Rules) are definitely going to the Sunday 7/2 Clippers vs Bats game....so if any of you want to meet up beforehand...I'm willing to pick a time (say 12:30pm) at a place (say Gate 1 at the "Coop")...so if anyone wants; just type a reply---another reason would be so we could buy adjoining seats (preferably in the box seats)

Thanks

By the way, I am also open to the sports bar idea whenever a date can be decided on---have to see if it fits the old work schedule....

How about the All Star Game?

Redsfan, that sounds great to me man! Ill definatly be there for that game, i love going to the reds game! I hope that more people can make it
    Let's make some noise!

I'll try to get there although I've got something before the game that may run long.

However, if I get done in time I will meet everyone by gate 1 at 12:30pm.

The all-star game would be fun too.
    "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh" -Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Yeah I'm almost definitely going to be late. But don't wait to get tickets. I'll try and find you guys to say hi even if we don't sit together.

You can recognize me cause I'm wearing brown shorts, a reds hat(black), and I have chipped nail polish right now . Oh and also from that last statement you can probably figure out I'm a girl so I'll be easy to spot as there aren't that many females by themselves at Clippers games as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin411
    Yeah I'm almost definitely going to be late. But don't wait to get tickets. I'll try and find you guys to say hi even if we don't sit together.

You can recognize me cause I'm wearing brown shorts, a reds hat(black), and I have chipped nail polish right now . Oh and also from that last statement you can probably figure out I'm a girl so I'll be easy to spot as there aren't that many females by themselves at Clippers games as far as I know.
    Why don't we buy your ticket before you get there? And you call one of our cell phones when you get there so we can all sit together, and then you just pay whoever bought your ticket when you get ther?? That's whatour high school baseball team did when we all went to the Reds game when a couple of us were running late.
    Let's make some noise!

Oops, I'm dumb. I got the dates mixed-up and thought it was this Sunday. I should be able to get there on time, no worries.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I say we just go ahead and meet at 12:30 pm at Gate 1....and if you want to give specs about what we look like or whatever to identify each other, just post...I will wear my Great American Ball Park hat with Reds polo shirt and khaki shorts, ugh i feel like I'm giving a fashion report....unfortunately being middle aged, fat and balding, many have said I look like Danny DeVito....I may also be with my wife and/or best buddy, who unfortunately is a Tiger fan...so if I havent scared any of you off....see ya Sunday!

Turn Off Ads?