Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uh-oh prepare for Reds bashing on ATH

Uh-oh prepare for Reds bashing on ATH

'Why Reds fans aren't showing up to see a 1st place team'

That segment is coming up after the break.

Around the Horn on ESPN.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Uh-oh prepare for Reds bashing on ATH

I'm sure the weather doesn't help

I'm frankly tired of the excuses I hear on the radio and read in various places. I'm glad someone is making a big deal about it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Mariotti is a fool.

Paige buys lol. Thanks Woody Paige.

"Cincinnati Fans, its your move"
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Idiots, all of them.

Can't trash the team, have to trash the fans.

3 selling Reds fans
    Woody Paige buying

Jay Mariotti makes the best point. Small market teams mean if they fans don't show up, the team won't spend money. He is right, get to GABP!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I'm frankly tired of the excuses I hear on the radio and read in various places. I'm glad someone is making a big deal about it.
    There's reasons I can't go....otherwise, I would be there as much as I could, rain, cold, whatever.

I love attending baseball games, and I want to go to another one. I was there for game 2...I loved it!
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 05-12-2006 at 05:21 PM.

It's rained sideways here for about two weeks now. If those talking heads want to help, they should come to Cincy and work the tarp crew for the weekend. If not, then shaddup....

Stat geek...and proud

That was a good segment. And they are all pretty much right. It should be higher now, but Woody's right, it will get higher later on, if the team is for real.

This definitely bothers me...living in NJ it might be different but I find it weird that there's like max 20k at a game unless it's bobble head night.

And then some fans argue that payroll isn't high enough...SPEND SOME MONEY!

I know some people on here can't go to games. I'm one of them, because I'm a college student. But you can't tell me that more people have other priorities as compared to St. Louis (who is a smaller market team in regards to fan location because they are in Missouri). We should be "bosom buddies" with the Reds right now, as Tim Cowlishaw wisely put it. Come on, Cincinnati. Let's show some support (BTW, I'm going to Sunday's game, if anyone wants to harass me about me not going.)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    There's reasons I can't go....otherwise, I would be there as much as I could, rain, cold, whatever.

I love attending baseball games
    I wasn't bashing you Matt, not in the least. I just keep hearing 'Schools not out.' or 'Cincy is a regional draw' [I admit there is validity there, I travel from 3+ hours to the games I can go to] but it's just sad to see night after night a stadium that is 1/3 capacity for a team thats winning.

As I said, I know there is some truth to some of the statements, I just get the feel they are more 'excuse' and less reality.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

eh. Cold, wet, school/week night game kept most away, for sure. I wish we did have bigger crowds, but then it'd be even harder for me to get to the few games I can make. For me, it's a money issue. If I had the dough I'd go every night. Instead, I have to pick and choose when I have a few extra dollars.

Damn Mariotti for being mostly right though, I'll also buy Woody's answer. Definately need to support the team when they're doing well or see players go.

I wasn't bashing you Matt, not in the least. I just keep hearing 'Schools not out.' or 'Cincy is a regional draw' [I admit there is validity there, I travel from 3+ hours to the games I can go to] but it's just sad to see night after night a stadium that is 1/3 capacity for a team thats winning.

As I said, I know there is some truth to some of the statements, I just get the feel they are more 'excuse' and less reality.
    I know you weren't....I just wish I could go more. You all have to pick up the slack for me!

Turn Off Ads?