Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Should I try to get Posada?...

Should I try to get Posada?...

A guy in my league is looking to trade J Posada for some Star (his words) Pitching

I currently have Willingham at Catcher, whom I like, but I think in the long run Posada could upgrade my team as he has a longer track record, it will give me some roster flex to fill in for when a guy gets an unexpected day off, and allow me to move Willingham to the OF.

Here's my current team as it stands today...Its very Reds heavy, not by design, but how could I not pick up Kearns & Encarnacion off waivers..

C J. Willingham
    1B N. Garciaparra
    2B M. Lowell
    3B M. Mora
    SS F. López
    OF A. Dunn
    OF A. Kearns
    OF B. Abreu
    Util E. Encarnación
    BN K. Mench
    BN R. Weeks
    Pitching

SP B. Penny
    SP Jo. Santana
    RP B. Lidge
    RP D. Turnbow
    P C. Reitsma
    P J. Papelbon
    P R. Halladay
    BN C. Zambrano
    BN B. Myers
    BN C. Sabathia

Here's his team...

C V. Martínez
    1B L. Berkman
    2B B. Phillips
    3B H. Blalock
    SS O. Vizquel
    OF C. Tracy
    OF Á. Ríos
    OF J. Pierre
    Util J. Posada
    BN C. Guillén
    BN T. Hunter
    DL B. Roberts

Pitching

SP J. Schmidt
    SP M. Clement
    RP J. Valverde
    RP J. Putz
    P T. Worrell
    P F. Cordero
    P T. Jones
    BN A. Pettitte
    BN J. Blanton
    BN L. Hernández

Should I, could I offer a trade? I'd love to pick up Chad Tracy as well, but I'm not sure how to package that, as he'd need an OF in return and I don't have many to offer, perhaps w/ Hunter's resurgance, he's ready to move him into the starting lineup.

I don't know that I would really love to give any of my starting pitchers straight up for Posada, but in a package deal I could work something out.

Any other thoughts on things I can/should do? Weeks has been a dissapointment. I picked up Lowell off waivers the other day. What I lose in steals could easily be made up in average and rbi if Lowel returns to his Marlins Form that he seemingly lost.

Thanks for any input. Other than Tracy, I don't see much else on his team that I really want. Posada would be a nice addition, but at what cost??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Should I try to get Posada?...

Another thing, Coco Crisp & Hanley Ramirez are both available on the waiver wire. Would they make a good addition in the place of Rickie Weeks? Crisp would be much easier to get into the lineup as I've already got Felo & Garciapara to play SS. When Nomar gets hurt again, I'd slide Dunn back to first and Coco would play most days in the OF.

Thanks again. One more that catches my eye, but I'm not sure where I could fit him in... Local product Youkilis. Since he can only play 1st & 3rd, I don't think he helps much.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I would not mess with Willingham at catcher. He plays OF, but gets credit for catcher. Willingham is more valuable putting up OF hitting stats while starting at the catcher slot. That is huge. Plus Willingham will probably play more games than Posada. The thing with catchers is, you never know when they are going to get the day off and the typical catcher only plays 80-85% of his team's games. OF'ers don't need time off. Right now, Willingham is right up there close to V. Martinez as the # 2 catcher in fantasy baseball.

If you need a back-up catcher for those days Willingham is off, grab an Estrada or someone off the waiver/free agent wire.

Thanks, the idea was to move Willingham to the OF spot primarly, then to C on the Yankees off days to make up for the games that Posada sits.

Is Coco Crisp a good pickup over a guy like Weeks at this point? Seems that Weeks is now missing some games as the Brew Crew occasionally plays Bill Hall & JJ hardy in the middle of the infield.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

If you were to move Willingham to OF to make room for Posada at catcher, You'd have to remove Dunn, Kearns, or Abreu from the OF lineup, right?

Posada should not be started over any of those three. Keep Willingham at catcher every day and make sure you keep Dunn, Kearns, and Abreu every day as well. You have a good lineup.

If you want more outfield depth, I'd consider dropping Weeks and picking up a Crisp or whoever else is available. The next player on the list I'd consider eventually releasing (if something better comes along) is Mench. Weeks, then Mench. I don't think Mench can keep it up all year and recently has sloowed down a bit.

Turn Off Ads?