Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McCoy agrees with Marty, same with Junior on Bowden ... PART II of story ...

GOREDSGO32

McCoy agrees with Marty, same with Junior on Bowden ... PART II of story ...

Bubububu ... Marty is just being a grumpy old man ... personal vendetta ... LOL! How about not bashing him for a change ...

Guess Griffey and Hal McCoy have 'vendettas' too? ... since the Marty bashing goes on for his comments, Griffey and McCoy said the exact same thing, Griff last night, McCoy here in the 2nd evening. McCoy said he's never seen anything like in his 30 plus years in the business of a GM going completely nuts up in the boxes up there, same for Marty ... and Griffey made some comments on Bowden after last nights game. Also someone told McCoy referring to him grudgingly shaking Bowdens hand, and asked him if McCoy still has his ring?

Also Jimmy B said after the game 'Its nice to see the Cincinnati Reds in first place with Austin Kearns, Adam Dunn, and other players I drafted"

LMAO .. what a joke. How about laying off Marty for a change? I hope Bowden isw out of a job again, what an idiot.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: McCoy agrees with Marty, same with Junior on Bowden ... PART II of story ...

i agree jimbo is a complete idiot he may have drafted some of these playres but wayne k but it together in a way jimbo could never do jimbo won't have a job much longer anyway

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: McCoy agrees with Marty, same with Junior on Bowden ... PART II of story ...

No mention of that farm system Jimbo put together....

...oh wait...

Did we need to start a second thread about this?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

It doesn't matter "some people" here don't like Marty or Hal because they still put value on the little things that make the game and a player complete. They will never like Marty or anything he says unless he said that OPS is a tell all stat. If they disagree with someone instead of having appreciation for someone with an opossing view they chose to just hate the person.
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

You got it. The SABR folk hate Marty because he can be critical of their poster child, Adam Dunn. Believe it or not, I got a photo of one of them in line for a 3-way at a game:
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    You got it. The SABR folk hate Marty because he can be critical of their poster child, Adam Dunn. Believe it or not, I got a photo of one of them in line for a 3-way at a game:
    First of all if you are going to try and insult somebody you should get your facts straight.

SABR is the Society for American Baseball Research.

They don't give a rats ass about Adam Dunn.

It doesn't matter "some people" here don't like Marty or Hal because they still put value on the little things that make the game and a player complete.
    That's a load of crap, "some" people" have said why they don't like Marty and Hal, if you want to put them all in a bucket called OPS that fits into your world view have at it.

It's absolutley hilarious.

I don't know WOY. I know you for one don't like Marty because if you and he were discuss baseball you wouldn't see eye to eye. Sugar coat what you want. It seems as though you picked out the group I was talking about pretty easily. The reason you for 1 do not like Marty is because if he were to meet you tomorrow he'd tell you how full of bull you were, blame it on this or that, the simple reason to a long answer is the "some people" I'm talking about if they don't agree with what someone says they chose to hate you as opposed to appreciate an opposing view.

Goin' fish'n?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I don't know WOY. I know you for one don't like Marty because if you and he were discuss baseball you wouldn't see eye to eye.
    Oh really?

You know exactly what both Marty and I think about concerning baseball?

Do you check your closet at night to make sure Bill James isn't in there before you go to bed too?

People say Marty shouldn't have an ego but he sure is talked about a ton.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

No,

Not Bill James. I do check to make sure OJ Simpson isn't in the closet and that the boogie man isn't under the bed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    People say Marty shouldn't have an ego but he sure is talked about a ton.
    People say you should look both ways before you cross the street too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    I don't know WOY. I know you for one don't like Marty because if you and he were discuss baseball you wouldn't see eye to eye. Sugar coat what you want. It seems as though you picked out the group I was talking about pretty easily. The reason you for 1 do not like Marty is because if he were to meet you tomorrow he'd tell you how full of bull you were, blame it on this or that, the simple reason to a long answer is the "some people" I'm talking about if they don't agree with what someone says they chose to hate you as opposed to appreciate an opposing view.
    I wouldn't put everybody in the same category. Some just don't like Marty's negative attitude about certain things, I can respect that. But if someone tells you that there isn't an over reaction to anything Dunn they are naive. Someone today in the game thread was making excuses left and right for Dunn's poor fielding. You think Hatteberg or Aurilla would always get bailed out?

Maybe it's because of always having to defend Dunn against illogical rants. I don't know.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?