Turn Off Ads?

Thread: So I traded away Adam Dunn

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

So I traded away Adam Dunn

I'm in a 16 team keeper head-to-head league, and I've had Dunn since his days in Double-A in 2001. But my pitching was in the toilet, and I have the league's best offense.

So I traded away Dunn and Joel Zumaya.

I got Chris Carpenter and Brad Wilkerson.

One note, in our league Wilkerson qualifies at CF for this year anyway, which is a bit of a bonus.

So I woke up depressed and remorseful. Did I make a huge mistake?
    Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So I traded away Adam Dunn

I think it's awfully risky. You know what you are getting from Dunn, and he has no health issues. CArpenter is obviously a great pitcher, but if he runs into arm troubles it could backfire. Overall, I don't think you made a big mistake if pitching is what you really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    I think it's awfully risky. You know what you are getting from Dunn, and he has no health issues. CArpenter is obviously a great pitcher, but if he runs into arm troubles it could backfire. Overall, I don't think you made a big mistake if pitching is what you really needed.
    I'm first in hitting and third worst in pitching. So I did really need pitching and still do. I agree I'm rolling the dice on health, and hope I don't get burned. 240 innings last year is a lot.
    Stick to your guns.

I think it was a good trade. Wilkerson is doing better, and this should help your average a tad, and definitely your ERA and WHIP. It always hurts to trade away a Red.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    I think it was a good trade. Wilkerson is doing better, and this should help your average a tad, and definitely your ERA and WHIP. It always hurts to trade away a Red.
    Since I'm in a head to head league, batting average doesn't matter. The offensive category in our league is pretty much a clone of Rc/27. At this point, Dunn is way ahead of Wilkerson, but not in May. Wilkerson had a horrible April.

I'm hoping that Wilkerson's 2005 problems were injury-related, and hoping he'll get a boost from being in a hitter's park and being 28 years old.

Whip doesn't help me in this league either, but wins, ERA and quality starts do. So if Carpenter stays healthy, he should help me. I just think Dunn could haunt me.

I'm the same guy who traded away Barry Bonds for Derek Jeter in 2000. That one hurt.
    Stick to your guns.

My bad, I wasn't aware of that. I still think it was a good trade, though.

Not Laughing

I'd be more upset at losing Joel Zumaya. That guy has future closer written all over him.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by BuckU
    I'd be more upset at losing Joel Zumaya. That guy has future closer written all over him.
    Wouldn't Fernando Rodney get the nod over Zumaya? Maybe a few years down the road Zumaya might close.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Zumaya has starter written all over him. It is all he has ever been, and he has been a real good one. He is in the bullpen right now, but I doubt he will be there next year. His last season in the minors he struck out 11+ per 9 as a starter with an ERA in 26 starts split between AA and AAA below 2.75 as a 20 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckU
    He's 20 years old or so, but there's always a chance that you're right. He has a pretty mature body for a young guy. I need to play for this year. The guy I traded with is in last. I'm going to make the playoffs unless I flame out.
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?