Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Felipe Lopez is on fire

Felipe Lopez is on fire

45 hits (1st in league)
    14 multi-hit games (2nd)
    16 steals (1st)
    29 runs (4th)

And to think he was in a slump earlier in the year. Those are some impressive stats right there.

23-13 | Next:
    Felipe Lopez MVP Watch

.304 BA | .376 OBP | 4 HR | 16 RBI | 16 SB | 1 CS

2. Turn Off Ads?
    This could be the year Phil in BG's Avatar

Re: Felipe Lopez is on fire

The amazing thing is that he has been under the radar. He's done it very quietly.

They call me "chef"

It's about consistency. And FeLo has been doing it.

He is playing well but I think his power is down a bit from last year. I'm sure he'll pick it up as it gets warmer though.
    School's out. What did you expect?

He is probably the best shortstop in the National league and should be an all star this year.

Quote Originally Posted by James B.
    He is probably the best shortstop in the National league and should be an all star this year.
    Should be the starter, but Eckstein will be.

sad

Should be the starter, but Eckstein will be.
    I think the one Felipe has to worry about is Edgar Renteria. He had a 20+ game hitting streak already this season and he has helped the Braves alot with little else offensively going right for them!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo
    I think the one Felipe has to worry about is Edgar Renteria. He had a 20+ game hitting streak already this season and he has helped the Braves alot with little else offensively going right for them!
    Doesn't matter.

The Cardinal fans won't allow anyone but Eckstein to start, even though he is not as good as Felipe and Edgar.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    45 hits (1st in league)
    14 multi-hit games (2nd)
    16 steals (1st)
    29 runs (4th)

And to think he was in a slump earlier in the year. Those are some impressive stats right there.
    Felipe Lopez is probably the most tradable commodity the Reds have right now. In the right situation, the Reds could get a monster return on this guy. A lot of pitching problems could disappear for this season and the next if the proper deal was made with the right partners.

Just sayin...
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Felipe Lopez is probably the most tradable commodity the Reds have right now. In the right situation, the Reds could get a monster return on this guy. A lot of pitching problems could disappear for this season and the next if the proper deal was made with the right partners.

Just sayin...
    I don't think we should think about dealing him.

Felipe is the last person I am trading. Only way I trade him is if it become clear you won't be able to re-sign him. Dunn should be the one we think about trading.

FeLo's combo of power, speed, hitting for average, and walking doesn't come around very often.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    No.

Felipe is the last person I am trading. Only way I trade him is if it become clear you won't be able to re-sign him. Dunn should be the one we think about trading.

FeLo's combo of power, speed, hitting for average, and walking doesn't come around very often.
    He has Scott Boras for a client, which as other have said, may indicate that he's going to price himself out of Cincinnati or move on to a city where there will be greater opportunity to maximize his value.

He's probably not going to be able to play SS for much longer (as his range diminishes) and his value decreases as soon as he can no longer field the SS position.

And, as has often been said, you don't get something for nothing -- and if you're trading a big something, you can sometimes get a big something in return; preferrably one that starts ballgames and misses bats (something the Reds need).

Not saying I would do that, but I don't think anyone on the team should be untouchable.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Lopez for Liriano
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

FeLo deserves the best, but God I hate Scott Boras.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Old Red Guard Reject

Is it time to discuss LTC?

The 2 best SS are Lopez and Everett.

Eckstein shouldnt even be in the conversation.

Eckstein will have to be voted in because Garner wont put him on the team as a reserve over Everett. I am hoping Lopez wins the vote so Everett can be added.

There wont be but 3 Cards on this years AS team, Pujols, Rolen and Carpenter.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Turn Off Ads?