Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lee Sinnis resigns - No more ATM reports

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Lee Sinnis resigns - No more ATM reports

Think this guy is bitter?

---

From: Atmreports-bounces@baseballimmortals.net [mailto:Atmreports-bounces@baseballimmortals.net] On Behalf Of Lee Sinins
    Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 9:00 PM
    To: atmreports-text@baseballimmortals.net; atmreports@baseballimmortals.net
    Subject: [ATMREPORTS] Resignation

After giving this matter much consideration, I have decided to submit my resignation from the ATM reports, effective immediately.

I am in the process of a big expansion of my ebay business and was going to announce about a 1-2 week vacation from the ATM reports while I devoted the time that was spent each day on the ATM reports to the other business. I was thinking that, maybe it would then turn into a permanent vacation, but even if it didn't, the chances of finishing out the season were not good and, even if I managed that, this would almost certainly be the final season.

This morning, I decided to make the call that this is it. I will take the next 1-2 weeks and devote the time spent the ATM reports on the other business. But, then when I get the big project that I have in mind completed, instead of returning to the ATM reports, I will just start working the 1 job.

The time has come to stop working 2 jobs when 1 of them is as awful paying as the ATM reports. They have long outlived their usefulness as an advertising arm for the Complete Baseball Encyclopedia. The amount of new business per year that comes from ATM reports subscribers goes down annually. We're now at the point where the job of writing the reports pays at a rate of under a dollar an hour. The days of working 30+ hours per week at that rate and then working the other business are now over.

In almost all of the announcements about new editions of the encyclopedia being available, I have included a message that stated that all of my income came from the encyclopedia and therefore purchases help keep me going, which in term allow me to continue to produce the reports. The evidence is now so overwhelming that I can continue to ignore the fact that almost everyone on the list falls into 1 of 2 categories. Either you already own an encyclopedia or, by not buying it after all of these years, you've made your point that you won't. And it is also not the case that I just don't get many new orders from list members because a decent percentage of you already have it, so you're no longer potential new order customers.

People on the list are speaking very loudly with their wallets that the reports are not worth supporting. It may have taken me a while to get the message, but I've got it. (To those who did purchase, obviously, this does not apply to you. I do greatly appreciate your order and hope you are a satisfied customer and will continue to order new editions. But, I really can't justify working only for the outliers.)

I came very, very close to this decision last year. Last year, I walked over to the surge protector and put my hand on the plug. This year, it's time to pull the plug.

Whether or not you had supported me, I hope you enjoyed the reports.
    It is time to move on.

Lee
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: Lee Sinnis resigns - No more ATM reports

Anybody use his service to update the encyclopedia? That looked like a nice thingy,but I just never subscribed to it.

Hate to see the reports go, I'll really miss them. I don't know how to support them more than I do (updating my cyclo every year). I think he's just burned out.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer
    Anybody use his service to update the encyclopedia? That looked like a nice thingy,but I just never subscribed to it.
    I bought it in 2003 and liked it. When he'd send me the ATM Reports, there would be a link to update. I sent him email after email over the last 2 years wanting to update, and never once got a response back from him.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Thread Killer

www.baseball-encyclopedia.com I believe is the link. The product is as good as any on the market, period. I haven't cared that much for the reports since he expanded them a couple years ago to include the extra stats... I get those from other sources. Its the rumors/info that I liked....and those will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballPAP
    www.baseball-encyclopedia.com I believe is the link. The product is as good as any on the market, period. I haven't cared that much for the reports since he expanded them a couple years ago to include the extra stats... I get those from other sources. Its the rumors/info that I liked....and those will be missed.
    I dumped his email years ago, but I reupp the encyclopedia every year

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Do you use the daily update thingy to the encyclopedia, woy? And if so, worth it?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer
    Do you use the daily update thingy to the encyclopedia, woy? And if so, worth it?
    No I yearly update it, my first copy was 2001, now I have 2005

I would have repeatedly bought copies if they were Mac compatible....

Turn Off Ads?