Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was afraid this was going to happen

saboforthird

I was afraid this was going to happen

My gut feeling was that when Junior came off the DL this offense would come to a screaching halt. It certainly appears that has happened. This offense was supposed to be all-worldly. The pitching was supposed to be dismal, both starters and relief. The starting pitching hasn't been all that bad lately, but the offense has stunk it up. Before anyone suggests that it's just a cyclical thing, or that the offense was never really that good anyway, let me just state that the offense that took the field before Junior arrived back on the scene was a "team" offense. They played small ball. Now we're beginning to see the drawbacks of filling the lineup with slow sluggers. In my opinion, the Reds NEED to get rid of Junior. Get some bullpen help, maybe land a #3-4 starter. Get a spring chicken of a decent outfielder.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I was afraid this was going to happen

He has played in 2 games!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the Reds a break man... Its only 2 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count them.. 1, 2. 2 games!
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

This offense was in a slump way before Junior was back in the fold.

Way before.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    He has played in 2 games!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the Reds a break man... Its only 2 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count them.. 1, 2. 2 games!
    Yeah, and they won one of them.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Good pitching will always shut down good hitting
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    This offense was in a slump way before Junior was back in the fold.

Way before.
    Amen. And I had no doubt Junior would get blamed for it, though its not his fault, per se.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Jr didn't even start this game and he gets blamed.

Hilarious, I needed a good laugh, and this thread came through.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

I know why your rep points only come to 21. It's because you don't know what you're talking about. Griffey can play the small ball much better than an Adam Dunn, but I don't hear you calling him out. Plus Dunn can get you more. It's not Junior's fault, so don't start it.
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2006: 7-2
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2007: 2-0
    Reds record while I'm in attendance in 2008: 0-1
    "I wish the stadium was filled up every night." - Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati Enquirer - February 9, 2007

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Two games do not a season make. Chicken Little had a problem with sample size, too.

Ridiculous.

I guess we've been slumping badly actually since the end of April, because it was rumored that Jr was coming back.... We would be on a 3 game losing streak if he hadn't hit the walkoff jack, and he came inches away from hitting one out today. Junior isn't the problem at all.

saboforthird

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    Amen. And I had no doubt Junior would get blamed for it, though its not his fault, per se.
    I guess it's easy to dismiss faulty offense when you're winning. The thing that bothers me in this thread (silly posts by posters harping on my 'reputation' notwithstanding) is that I am NOT blaming Junior. I am blaming the team for seemingly coming to a standstill when Junior makes the lineup. This has happened a lot, if my memory serves me correct (obviously not this year). I don't have numbers to back me up, but there have been A LOT of games where Junior WAS the offense, and running games ceased to exist. And, players took pitch after pitch after pitch (lots of them being strikes) when they KNEW they were facing a great pitcher. Usually great pitchers don't miss the strike zone often.

you say that you are not blaming junior, yet the two most recent topics I have seen from you are anti-junior topics. It is also idiotic to blame Jr for lack of offense after a game that he didnt even play in except for the pinch hit appearance in the 9th inning. You talk about the running game ceasing to exist when Griffey is in the lineup, I guess you ignored the 5 stolen bases in Thursdays game.

I can't figure him out either,one minute its ''trade Jr.'',the next ''i'm not blaming jr''.Make up your mind man.

Turn Off Ads?