Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Panic Time? / Do you think this is the beginning of the end?

bomarl1969

Merged: Panic Time? / Do you think this is the beginning of the end?

I know I haven't posted here in a while but should we be getting ready to fold our tents and quit riding this dream season thus far? I for one am sick of losing. I don't like the Bengals having a better season or a brighter future than the Reds. We need to make the playoffs. 4-6 in our last ten, I know I'm a worry wart and I'm freakin out but I have to vent.

This sucks. Where was our offense tonight? Jon Lieber, freakin Jon Lieber owns this team. When Dave Williams pitched the way he did tonight and the offense doesn't come up with at least 3 runs that is pathetic.

What is with this offense...this team needs a good kick in the ***

2. Turn Off Ads?
    GOREDSGO32

Do you think this is the beginning of the end?

Thyis team is playing so different now. Very dumb plays, bad errors, loss of offensive spark, loss of great pitching now (what happened to Claussen?) mostly the bullpen is just not improving.

What are we supposed to do? There's no quick fix in Triple A .. The Bats aredonig absolutely terrible. One of the few pitchers doing well, Hall got ROCKED last night ... Milachek is the only decent pitcher ...

Seems like we're in a rock in a hard place ... I think LaRue should have been traded at the start of the year .. he's doing terrible ... we need to make a move now to stop the bleeding ...

Re: Panic Time?

Just in case you don't remember...

Lieber is a former 20 game winner and a 17 game winner. He isn't a slouch of a pitcher.

He has a total of 117 wins in 11 seasons.... A Carrer ERA at 4.25... He is a good pitcher...... He was on top of his game tonight against our Hitters... It happens.
    Last edited by RedsMan3203; 05-13-2006 at 10:47 PM.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Re: Do you think this is the beginning of the end?

Make sure you jump off the wagon and roll...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Not even close to time to close up shop for the season. The offense is in a huge slump right now, basically from top to bottom. That won't last too much longer. During this slump the pitching for the most part has still been pretty good, especially the bullpen.

The offense could go right back to banging out hit after hit tomorrow, that's the nature of slumps....they come and go. As long as the pitching remains decent, eventually the offense will return and they'll get back to winning some baseball games.

Be patient.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Haunted by walks

I wonder if the Phillies were saying, "Dave Williams, freakin' Dave Williams, is shutting us down."

The sky is falling! Ahhhhhhh! We've actually lost a couple of games. Dunn struck out; that never used to happen, did it? Wow, people in this town are a little touchy. It isn't time to panic yet. The team is still in good shape--far ahead of what even the most optimistic among us would have projected. Bad streaks will happen, and at least in this one we've been within striking distance most of the time and pulled a few out we shouldn't have. Our fans need to take a deep breath and relish the fact that we will likely finish with our best record in half a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003
    I wonder if the Phillies were saying, "Dave Williams, freakin' Dave Williams, is shutting us down."
    Ha ha, that is what I thought when I got back from my out of town trip and saw the stats on TV. My first reaction wasn't anger that we lost, it was "holy cow, Dave Williams pitched a good game." It would figure that he got no run support.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

What are we supposed to do? Suffer, I guess.

I mean, let's be real, there are reasons no one picked us to seriously contend for the postseason. The offense has been in a bit of a slump, but we'll still score a ton of runs. But the defense is subpar even with the major upgrade Phillips gave us, and the pitching is just... well, we knew it would be bad. Same for the farm system; except for Denorfia, we knew there wasn't any top-shelf talent anywhere near helping the big club.

So we're just seeing some of the inevitable regression to the mean following the over-our-head April. There's no quick fix, no miracle cure. I expect Krivsky will continue the roster makeover throughout the season, and some of the stickier situations (Griffey? First base?) will likely be resolved by the trade deadline or over the offseason. The one thing I didn't expect from him was to take over an organization that was bad in every respect but one -- major league hitters -- and get it into the 2006 playoffs.
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    Make sure you jump off the wagon and roll...
    Nice quote...I completely agree. One game out of first and everyone wants to start the annual fire sale.

No, I don't think so. They're just going through a little funk for some reason. It's not like they're getting blown out of the water in these games either. Freel and Dunn are both slumping and Aurilia will be back soon; same with Milton (if he pitches like he did before he went on the DL, that will help as well). They'll bounce back.

The Cards lost 4 games in a row last week!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by bomarl1969
    I know I haven't posted here in a while but should we be getting ready to fold our tents and quit riding this dream season thus far? I for one am sick of losing. I don't like the Bengals having a better season or a brighter future than the Reds. We need to make the playoffs. 4-6 in our last ten, I know I'm a worry wart and I'm freakin out but I have to vent.

This sucks. Where was our offense tonight? Jon Lieber, freakin Jon Lieber owns this team. When Dave Williams pitched the way he did tonight and the offense doesn't come up with at least 3 runs that is pathetic.

What is with this offense...this team needs a good kick in the ***
    There is an ebb and flow to a season. Day in, day out. Good pitching, weak hitting, spectacular hitting, poor pitching. All things in their time, as they say. This will be a tough season, but today was good because Dave Williams pitched a very good game. No shame there. And we had a chance even to the end.

There is an ebb and flow to a season.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    The one thing I didn't expect from him was to take over an organization that was bad in every respect but one -- major league hitters -- and get it into the 2006 playoffs.
    Finally, some common sense. I am quite pleased with the way the organization is changing for the better. We are heading down the right path for the first time since the 90s. This is not the NFL, however, and we won't be seeing a miracle turnaround. The reds will make some noise just like in April but will follow it with rough spots. We should just sit back and enjoy the ride. Let's face it: we go to the park every night thinking we might win regardless of the opponent, and that is a huge change.

GOREDSGO32

No its not bandwagon .. don't call me that. It's just the team was playing above their head and now are falling back to earth and the weaknesses of the team are being more exposed now. Without the offense going on full cylinders, and great starting pitching ... the completely inept bullpen is exposed along with the fact we don't have great hitters with runners in scoring position, and we have TERRIBLE defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    No, I don't think so. They're just going through a little funk for some reason. It's not like they're getting blown out of the water in these games either. Freel and Dunn are both slumping and Aurilia will be back soon; same with Milton (if he pitches like he did before he went on the DL, that will help as well). They'll bounce back.

The Cards lost 4 games in a row last week!
    I wrote this in the Panic Time thread

There is an ebb and flow to a season. Day in, day out. Good pitching, weak hitting, spectacular hitting, poor pitching. All things in their time, as they say. This will be a tough season, but today was good because Dave Williams pitched a very good game. No shame there. And we had a chance even to the end.

There is an ebb and flow to a season.

Turn Off Ads?