Turn Off Ads?

Thread: a new stat ......

part of BBN

a new stat ......

well, not really a new stat but an "expanded" stat.in the individual game boxscores,they list "LOB" for that certain game.why cant they list it as a seasonal stat and not just an individual game.
    in other words,we hear pujols drives in 135 runs or manny knocks in 146.we think they are super-human and never leave a duck on the pond.i would be interested in seeing how many guys they leave on base over a course of a season compared to some of our guys !
    btw...i know the big rbi men dont leave as many but it may not be as big a gap as we think

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: a new stat ......

Yeah I'd be interested in that too.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

You can always go look at how many at bats they have with runners on base. Not quite what you are looking for, but it will give you a good idea of how many at bats they had with runners on, compared to their RBI's.

BP tracks RBI per opportunity, I think. At least they used to.

I'd like to see the percentage of RISP that a player drives in.
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

Quote Originally Posted by UGADaddy
    I'd like to see the percentage of RISP that a player drives in.

I think a better stat would be the percentage of total runners on base that a guy drives in. Otherwise guys who have good power aren't being given any credit for it.

edit: another factor to consider in this equation is the number of outs a player uses in acquiring those RBI's.
    Last edited by pedro; 05-14-2006 at 02:44 PM.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I wrote an article on the stats at the bottom of the screen just last week... looks like it was a week too soon, that LOB stat is a new one across the board.

http://baseballminutia.com/blog/2006...of-the-screen/

The article was picked up by Baseball Thinkfactory (middle of the page) and some of the comments cover the manner in which the stats on the screen are generated during the game, apparently the Red Sox can only show a players OB% in their 1st AB, their system can't compute it as it goes.

Turn Off Ads?