Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow .. Joe isn't sounding very well? Anyone listening on the radio?

GOREDSGO32

Wow .. Joe isn't sounding very well? Anyone listening on the radio?

Is it just his age (77 years old), or does he have a cold or something, because it sounds like he's out of breath just commentating on the game and breathing really hard and sounds different ....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wow .. Joe isn't sounding very well? Anyone listening on the radio?

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    Is it just his age (77 years old), or does he have a cold or something, because it sounds like he's out of breath just commentating on the game and breathing really hard and sounds different ....
    Sounds to me like he's got a cold--along with about 80% of the adult population in the tri-state area. Including me, and I live in WV
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I dunno but I thought it was Narron at first. Joe probably has a cold.
    "When the Russians conquer America, they will recruit concentration camp guards from among Cardinals fans."

" Fly ball. Homerun. "

Way to go Joe, you made that HR in the 12th sound like a routine pop fly. No emotion. That was awful.

Flyyyy ball, routineee, just outta the infield, griffey coming in..homerun."
    BARRY LARKIN -- BEST PLAYER EVER.

I thought it was great hearing Marty and Joe back together again. A Reds HR just isn't a HR without Joe in the background Yelling. It really brought back memories.
    And what do you want out of Joe in the 12th?? Do you want him to be excited about the Phillies hitting a HR to win the game?? I mean come on. Do you want him to sound like George Grande when Pujulos and Edmonds do something good against the Reds?? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by djsauter
    " Fly ball. Homerun. "

Way to go Joe, you made that HR in the 12th sound like a routine pop fly. No emotion. That was awful.
    Would you rather Joe have showed emotion when the other team hits a homerun that ultimately wins the game? Did you hear Joe in the background while Marty was announcing when LaRue hit the homerun? You could hear him saying something to the extent of go ball get out of here and he wasn't even on the microphone. He isn't going to show an overabundance of emotion for the opposing team even if he was feeling better.

I didn't want Joe to scream and get excited, but heck, you are supposed to show emotion when someone hits a homerun. Your team or not, a homerun gets emotion.

He didn't change his voice at all. It was the most boring sound thing ever. You wouldn't have known the ball wasn't a routine pop fly to the pitcher.

Terrible.
    BARRY LARKIN -- BEST PLAYER EVER.

That is the way Joe has always sounded when calling an opposing player's homerun. I see no reason to expect him to change now.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

They call me "chef"

The best home run call ever was Bob Uecker earlier this season in Milwaukee.

In a cool, almost bored voice: "Is this really happening?"

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    Would you rather Joe have showed emotion when the other team hits a homerun that ultimately wins the game? Did you hear Joe in the background while Marty was announcing when LaRue hit the homerun? You could hear him saying something to the extent of go ball get out of here and he wasn't even on the microphone. He isn't going to show an overabundance of emotion for the opposing team even if he was feeling better.
    I was feeling Joe's presence on the two would be homeruns.Marty and Joe are still magic together.

For a Level Playing Field

I didn't want Joe to scream and get excited, but heck, you are supposed to show emotion when someone hits a homerun. Your team or not, a homerun gets emotion.

He didn't change his voice at all. It was the most boring sound thing ever. You wouldn't have known the ball wasn't a routine pop fly to the pitcher.

Terrible.
    REALLY? Gee, I must have missed reading the "Guidebook for MLB Radio Announcers". Where did you get your copy? And let all of us know your radio broadcasting experience and please give us a link to some of your announcing. Thanks!

Terrible.
    I have listened to Nuxhall for 35 years. He is the same now as then. He gets very excited when the Reds do something good and less excited when the opponent does something good. If you listen to most other MLB announcers they are very similar. It's your opinion if you like him or not but he is not much different from any other MLB announcer.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

His home run call for other teams has never changed - you can almost feel the pain in his voice, and you surely can hear the disappointment.
    Let's face it, the guy is a homer, the guy bleeds Red true and blue - and that is frankly what makes him a great announcer. Listening to him scream his lungs out when he was on the mike when the Reds won (in extra innings - since Marty gets the 9th) - is one of the great joys of listening to older Reds baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    That is the way Joe has always sounded when calling an opposing player's homerun. I see no reason to expect him to change now.
    yep. One thing I've always liked about Joe is his near-comical descriptions of opposing teams HRs.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

It was a horribly called game from Nuxhall, no way to sugarcoat it. And, his call on the go-ahead hr was a joke. I was in the car when that one happened, talking with my better half, and had no idea a hr had even been hit until the inning ended and he gave the score as 2-1.

Turn Off Ads?