Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To stay in hunt, Reds must trade Griffey

Re: To stay in hunt, Reds must trade Griffey

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Agreed, we have to GET people to sign here first, who wants to at this point?
    Guys that nobody else want.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Guys that nobody else want.
    helloooo Rich White
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    Griffey isn't bad, but something about him must hurt the team. They suck when he comes back
    They were slumping long before he came off the DL late last week.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    I like Griffey as a person and player, but the salary is just hurting the team overall right now .... I can only imagine if we get Wilson, Milton, and Griffey off the books how much leeway we would have to make some big time signings ...
    But you're also talking about 3 players (both in performance and salaries) that makes it hard to deal them.

Wilson is finished as far as I'm concerned, and no one is gonna take on Jr and Milton's contracts until there performance shows otherwise.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan
    i work with a familly member of regowski(couisin or uncle) and yes that was thrown up last season. even if we dont trade griffey i would love for the reds to get him. he wants out of the chicago org. because he's blocked from going to the majors with thome and konerko blocking first. he has BIG TIME POWER and is a good first baseman. i'm not down on votto but a kid like this would be a good fit if we don't move dunn to first or won't wait on votto.
    Baseball Prospectus doesn't like Rogowski's outlook, and neither do I. He's 25 and putting up mediocre numbers in his first season of AAA ball. He's never really shown much power in the minors.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pe...I19810501A.php

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/533016
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Nonsense.
    Nuh-uh. repeat something often enough and it simply becomes fact.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Griffey is not likely to be traded, he makes entirely too much gets hurt too often and is not a very good center fielder. Not many teams are going to want that at 36 years of age. I like Griffey and hope he would think about a shift in position so Dunn could go to first or Griffey would. Love to see what we have in Denofria. To me starting pitching is not the problem relief is what is costing us games. Make a deal so we can start shutting teams down in the late innings.

Agreed, we have to GET people to sign here first, who wants to at this point?
    Exactly. Do you think Arroyo would be here if he had a choice?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    To me starting pitching is not the problem relief is what is costing us games.
    It seems like something out of Bizarro World, but I agree. The starting pitching isn't Cy Young caliber, but it's been darn good. But this offensive slump and, most importantly, crummy relief pitching, is costing us right now.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

helloooo Rich White
    Is that the love child of Rich Aurilia and Rick White???

Someone get Conan O'Brien on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

You don't rebuild this team around 36-year old hall of famers that are broken down more than they play.

With that said, I think the White Sox would be interested in Griffey with the idea of him playing LF and Podesnik shifting to CF. And if I'm the Reds, I would ask for RHP Freddie Garcia in return. The White Sox could easily replace Garcia with Brandon McCarthy in their rotation. Even if the Reds had to pay a portion of Griffey's contract, it would be small considering what Garcia makes. On top of that, you create a starting spot for Chris Denorfia who would upgrade the outfield defensively.

Griffey for Garcia? It is begging to happen. Improves both clubs. White Sox still have the pitching to go with a potent lineup while the Reds upgrade their rotation, outfield defense and overall speed in the lineup.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

I think I'd be pretty happy with that deal Krusty.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Is that the love child of Rich Aurilia and Rick White???

Someone get Conan O'Brien on the phone.
    My keyboard is still used to slamming Rich..it happens
    Go Gators!

NO WAY would Jr. approve a trade. Why would he if the Reds are in it? He might go if the Reds are out of the race. So the title of the article is ridiculous, because if the Reds are "in the hunt" Grif will want to be here for that.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    NO WAY would Jr. approve a trade. Why would he if the Reds are in it? He might go if the Reds are out of the race. So the title of the article is ridiculous, because if the Reds are "in the hunt" Grif will want to be here for that.

well, he could feel that the Reds don't have the pitching to actually make it to the playoffs. he wouldn't be the only one.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Turn Off Ads?