Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy slumping news

Happy slumping news

So we are in a bit of a rut. We are 4-7 in the last 11 games. But there is a reason to be looking up!

We are sold that our offense is good, and will be good for the rest of the year, but is just slumping a bit. Our pitching, most likely our starting pitching has been a major concern.

------------

In these 11 games, here are our starters numbers:

71 2/3 innings = 6.5 innings per start (not bad at all)

3.14 ERA

7 quality starts (5 of which were losses)

3.04 ERA in the losses, while averaging 6 1/3 innings

------------

You gotta like those numbers from our starters. Of course our bullpen and fielding have created some issues, but hopefully our starters will continue to do what they have been doing.

This could work out for the best. I think our pitchers sometimes feel it is OK to make mistakes because our hitters will bail them out. Maybe this slump will make our pitchers do their best.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Happy slumping news

Then again. Those are games we still need to make up.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

yeah i know. I'm doing the "optimistic" view here. Can't change the losses, but you can take positives.
    Last edited by TOBTTReds; 05-14-2006 at 10:46 PM.

I'm not worried about our pitching now, worried about the offense.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    The offense is making me mad, but I'm not worried yet.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500

how many of us thought we would be saying that this year?
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Wow that post actually made me feel better! It is a very good point, I think we all know that the bats will wake up again.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

If we assume the offense will get back to the mean, do we also assume that the pitching will ?
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Sadly.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    If we assume the offense will get back to the mean, do we also assume that the pitching will ?

We also have played the best and the hotest in Colorado, Arizona, and now the hotest NL team the Phillies. It was tough though to get swept. We really were so close to winning 2 of those. Trying to stay positive, but I"d like to see some streak now. If you would have told me we were still this far over .500 at this point and I'd say no freakin way so I"m still pleased. Williams and Claussen have really made me smile. Do we miss Aurilia this much. LOL
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1
    We also have played the best and the hotest in Colorado, Arizona, and now the hotest NL team the Phillies. It was tough though to get swept. We really were so close to winning 2 of those.
    You're right, every single one of those was a tough loss. But there were two very good things that should be recognized despite the losses:

#1 - the pitching from the bottom three in the rotation was very very good. Each one showed us that they can do it. Now I expect them to.

#2 - the offense is slumping (truly, they'll get over it), the Phillies pitched pretty good too, and the Reds lost. But not one of these games was a blowout.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Here's a look forward to the rest of May:

3 @ Pit
    3 @ Det
    3 vs. Mil
    3 vs. Ari
    3 @ Chi

I think we can hope to win 8 or 9 of those and feel alright. The three at Det. worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    Here's a look forward to the rest of May:

3 @ Pit
    3 @ Det
    3 vs. Mil
    3 vs. Ari
    3 @ Chi

I think we can hope to win 8 or 9 of those and feel alright. The three at Det. worry me.
    If they can win 9, that's 15 wins in May.

Didn't I see that posted as someone's projection of what they need to do in order to be successful?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    You're right, every single one of those was a tough loss. But there were two very good things that should be recognized despite the losses:

#1 - the pitching from the bottom three in the rotation was very very good. Each one showed us that they can do it. Now I expect them to.

#2 - the offense is slumping (truly, they'll get over it), the Phillies pitched pretty good too, and the Reds lost. But not one of these games was a blowout.
    Also, note we are still only 1 game out as the cards lost. Houston is on our butts, but we are in decent position. ESPECIALLY, if we get this kind of pitching. Nice to know we have the big guys coming up, but we just need to get some hits. Night all
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Turn Off Ads?