Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for Krivsky to go after Willis

Time for Krivsky to go after Willis

Kearns,Freel,a minor leaguer,and cash.Maybe the fish will bite.The Reds want to put butts in the seats,this will do it.Willis and Arroyo,bring on the Cards and Stro's.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Time for Krivsky to go after Willis

With a 6.22 ERA and having given up 57 hits in 46.1 innings, would he really be that much of an improvement?

I know his track record speaks for itself, but something is wrong with him this year.

He's only given up one homerun though which is definetly a plus.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    With a 6.22 ERA and having given up 57 hits in 46.1 innings, would he really be that much of an improvement?

I know his track record speaks for itself, but something is wrong with him this year.

He's only given up one homerun though which is definetly a plus.

Sorry if i'm flogging a dead horse on the Willis idea.I know it's been disussed before on RZ.Just trying to stir up some more discussion and different idea's.
    Last edited by Jr's Boy; 05-16-2006 at 03:58 PM.

At this point I don't think I would trade Kearns for Willis.

If you're going to go after a Fish, go after Cabrera.

I do not think you should go after either one personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    If you're going to go after a Fish, go after Cabrera.

I do not think you should go after either one personally.
    I'd stick with Ed E. at third.Alot cheaper.

Word is that his mechanics are a complete mess. They were already very complicated but he made them work for him. Right now he can't seem to sort them out. He still has good "stuff", but his control is very off. He finds success when he locates his fastball which allows him to throw his slider. His slider has great movement but not a lot of control, so he needs to be ahead in the count to use it.

When he falls behind, he has to rely on an only pretty good fastball/changeup combo. Hitters are just sitting dead red on his fastball, which negates his deceptive delivery. Until he figures his mechanics out and gets back to a consistent release point, he's gonna keep getting reamed.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I just hope Krivsky will bring in a bonafide starter and not a ''could be if he does this does that'' etc.But somebody's got to go to get a legit arm.And I ain't talkin just sending all prospects either.

Now would be the time to buy on the cheap.
    Go Gators!

I have always been a big Dunn supporter...thinking that his inability to hit with runners in scoring position had more to do with youth and inexperience than anything else. But, the more I watch him, and the more he continues to fail (and fail BIG TIME), I am beginning to think that he might just be the right one to trade for a top of the line pitcher. This will have to be accomplished before the rest of the league catches on to his inability/refusal to concentrate and kick things up a notch with runners in scoring position. I know that he is loved by everybody...but so was Casey, and we all got tired of his act after he had lost his trade value. I don't really want to think this way...but Dunn is leaving me no choice.

Dunn won't bring a top pitcher anymore, he's making too much now, also the fish wouldn't want him for Willis.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Sanchez
    At this point I don't think I would trade Kearns for Willis.
    I would in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Exactly--this is a wonderful chance to get a high-ceiling commodity for under market value.

If you don't have unlimited money to throw around, this is how you build a winning baseball team.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Agreed, if possible. Last year Willis had a rough stretch like this and bounced back nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by roby
    I have always been a big Dunn supporter...thinking that his inability to hit with runners in scoring position had more to do with youth and inexperience than anything else. But, the more I watch him, and the more he continues to fail (and fail BIG TIME), I am beginning to think that he might just be the right one to trade for a top of the line pitcher. This will have to be accomplished before the rest of the league catches on to his inability/refusal to concentrate and kick things up a notch with runners in scoring position. I know that he is loved by everybody...but so was Casey, and we all got tired of his act after he had lost his trade value. I don't really want to think this way...but Dunn is leaving me no choice.
    He continues to fail?

Or are you just ignoring all the ways in which he succeeds?

He produces a lot of offense. Tons of it. All you have to do is learn to look beyond Batting Average.

Granted, he's had a bad month of May. But I find it funny that many people jump all over him when he has a bad month and forget that he was downright awesome the previous month.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?