Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Doug Flutie retires

Doug Flutie retires

Twenty-one seasons... not bad for a little guy in a big man's game.

Appropo for a guy like him to have left with his last play being a drop-kick for a score. Good luck to a Boston/New England legend.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Doug Flutie retires

I always liked watching him play; from BC to the NJ Generals and in the NFL. Great career for someone who was supposed to be too small to play the game.

For a Level Playing Field

Just remember that Ozzy Osbourne has retired 15X after his first retirement! Then again he probably couldn't remember the first 14 retirements and Sharon did not want to remind him b/c she is obviously all about the money.

p.s. - sorry to compare you to Ozzy, Doug!

Man, that's like when you hear a famous person has died and you go, "Henny Youngman? I thought he was dead already."

What is Flutie, like 50?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

got alil captain in u?

he had heck of a career the best college football play ever in my opinion other than cie grant puling down ken dorsey to win the fiest bowl

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    he had heck of a career the best college football play ever in my opinion other than cie grant puling down ken dorsey to win the fiest bowl
    Well, I'm a Buckeye fan, and I still think the hail mary is the greatest play in college football history.

Always wanted to see him win the big one.

Wasn't he supposed to be washed up after his fourth or fifth season? Not many washed up players stick around for another 15 seasons on Karma

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
    Well, I'm a Buckeye fan, and I still think the hail mary is the greatest play in college football history.
    As a Buckeye fan I think that Colorado's Hail Mary from Kordell Stewart to Michael Westbrook that beat Michigan 27-26 was a better play.... esp. b/c that game actually had two defenses on the field (unlike the BC-Miami game)!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    Man, that's like when you hear a famous person has died and you go, "Henny Youngman? I thought he was dead already."

What is Flutie, like 50?
    Hey, 50 isn't old!
    Flutie is 43. I always enjoyed watching him play, and the BC/Miami game remains one of the best games that I have ever watched. I was absolutely stunned when BC won on the Hail Mary.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?