Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Liriano

Liriano

Liriano is available on my leagues waiver wire. I had him at the beginning of the year but had to drop him due to roster space but now I definitely want him back. My pitching staff is currently:

C. Lee
    A. Harang
    B. Colon
    R. Harden
    C. Hamels
    A. Benitez
    C. Reitsma
    B. Ryan
    A. Otsuka
    D. Sanchez

I don't really want to drop any of them. Possibly Sanchez but doing that would punt holds every week. I'm looking for a little more power, as I'm sure most fantasy teams are. I don't have that much experience doing trades so I'm not really sure about good value and all. I wouldn't mind trading away Ryan, if I could get a decent OF or some player like that. Of course with a trade theres a chance that Liriano gets snatched up before it goes through. Any suggestions are welcome. Sorry for being so clueless.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Liriano

You might want to take a chance and drop Benitez or Reitsma and pick up Liriano. You might want to do it quick because he should not be available. If you lose that player, so be it. Liriano will be an AL top 10 pitcher by year's end.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

what RL said. although I don;t think it's much of a risk.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I have Liriano on my team and whats good about him is he can be listed as SP, RP or P.

As for who you shold drop, I would say: Reitsma or Benitez.

Yeah, Benitez or Reitsma, probably doesn't matter. You won't be able to get Liriano for either of them once another owner picks him up, so run to the waiver wire and go get him.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Benitez or Reitsma is fine, but unless your league counts holds then Sanchez is just as droppable as the other two.

I think I would drop Reitsma for Liriano if this was my team.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

agreed, Benitez or Reitsma
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

better pick up Liriano soon... I just saw on ESPN that he is supposed to be moved into the starting rotation and Silva is going to the bullpen.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Liriano is a stud. If he goes into the starting rotation, your K/9 is going to be out of this world.

I too would drop Reitsma for Liriano.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Are you in a keeper league? If so, who was the 'tard that dropped him? If it's a regular league w/o keepers, then I can understand why he's on waivers, but the guy is going to be a future #1.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Advice: Next year join a league where holds aren't so important. It's really silly that you have to hold onto Duaner Sanchez. But if them's your rules, then you might want to stand pat for now.

I like Liriano, and have him in my keeper league. But he has a much greater chance of blowing up (for the bad) his rookie year than Reitsma has of losing his closer job.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    I like Liriano, and have him in my keeper league. But he has a much greater chance of blowing up (for the bad) his rookie year than Reitsma has of losing his closer job.
    Reitsma got pulled today after giving up a run in a 2-0 game in the 9th and blew the save and lost last night.

He will probably be replaced now at least on the short term.

Turn Off Ads?