Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who goes when Milton comes back?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dave Williams (2-3, 6.32 ERA)

44 61.11%
  • Brandon Claussen (2-4, 4.96 ERA)

2 2.78%
  • Elizardo Ramirez (1-3, 3.13 ERA)

9 12.50%
  • other (please say in the thread.

17 23.61%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Milton comes back, who goes?

When Milton comes back, who goes?

It is a tight race. When Milton went down, Elizardo came up, but I honestly think he shouldn't even be in consideration for going down. He is young, and is pitching very well at the moment.

That leaves Williams and Claussen. I say Claussen goes. To me, Willimas has better 'stuff' because of his curve. However does Claussen have any options left? It could be Williams just because he has an option.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Leading league in hotness

Re: When Milton comes back, who goes?

I voted for Chris Hammond, and use Williams in the BP
    Da Bulls
    Da Bears
    Da Reds?

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

My vote goes to Hammond also. It just doesn't appear that he's going to help this club.

---RedRoser

Hammond, White, Williams.
    Go Gators!

Hammonds, White, McCracken, Williams

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I second, third, fourth, fifth... the motion to remove Hammond.

Move Williams to the pen.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Like it or not The Lizard will be sent down and that is where my vote is. Not because I think he deserves it, but because this is how things work. If Krivsky proves me wrong on this i'll be shocked. Granted he could possibly send down a position player, but not likely as then Ramirez would have to go to the pen. Which would likely harm his development and hurt our ability to make adjustments late in games especially with AL games coming up and the need of a DH.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

I'd say White goes, Ramirez takes his place in the bullpen. His last game withstanding, Hammonds has pitched better lately, and his DERA is good.

Williams and Claussen have both pitched their best game recently, have more experience than Ramirez, and both seem less suited than Ramirez to relief.

Ramirez appears to have a rubber arm, and might become a Pedro Borbon type relief pitcher for us.

got alil captain in u?

white or hammond williams goes to the pen i think he can pitch middle relief but if claussen struggles dave goes to the rotation if he pitches like he did the other nite dave williams could be a mainstay for the season if he continues to pitch consistently good

The Lizard

I don't think they drop White or Hammond till after all star break. They will ride these bums out some more. I see Lizard getting sent down. Narron is going to stick with these vets longer than most of us want....

They will have to make room for 3 guys (Milton, Aurilia & Cody Ross) once they are ready to come off the DL.

I would think that they would release a pitcher to make room for Milton (either Hamond or White). Then you can try putting either Claussen or Williams in the bullpen. Olmedo can be sent down the minors when Aurilia is ready to come off the DL. McCracken can be released when Cody Ross is done with his rehab assignment.

I wouldnt be surprised if they tried to deal one of the catchers and infielders for bullpen help.

I'd like Hammond to leave (and never come back), but I think it's more likely that Williams or The Lizard will go. Hopefully Williams. Good start the other day or not, he's been atrocious all season.
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

Sidenote: I completely agree with CTA513...
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

out of the 3 performances over the weekend,liz's is better.
    claussen and williams both faced a lineup much like the reds from a couple of yrs ago when you had dunn griff casey twalker. mostly lefthanded.
    the only big stick to worry about rh was burrell.i really felt lizard would get hit pretty good but he did good job.
    i think claussen and williams are so similar you could flip a coin.

Turn Off Ads?