Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what could he start taking to help his recovery time? think, think, think

what could he start taking to help his recovery time? think, think, think

From Jayson Stark at ESPN:

It's now eight days, 31 trips to home plate and nearly 5,000 frequent-flier miles since Barry Bonds last hit a home run. And from the way he talks, America's Anti-Idol might be more likely to nod off in mid-at-bat than he is to pass Babe Ruth any time soon.

"I just go home and sleep," Bonds said Monday, before going 1-for-3 against the Astros, with a walk, a strikeout, a pop-up and a bad-hop double to right. "Normally, I go home and work out and train and everything else. Now I'm just exhausted all the time.

"I'm tired," Bonds said, wearily. "I'm always tired. It's never been like this before. I sleep all the time, all day."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Re: what could he start taking to help his recovery time? think, think, think

Recovering from all that heavy juicing must really take a toll on your body...
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

what could he start taking to help his recovery time? think, think, think
    Jamba Juice - Orange-A-Peel with the protein boost.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    From Jayson Stark at ESPN:

It's now eight days, 31 trips to home plate and nearly 5,000 frequent-flier miles since Barry Bonds last hit a home run. And from the way he talks, America's Anti-Idol might be more likely to nod off in mid-at-bat than he is to pass Babe Ruth any time soon.

"I just go home and sleep," Bonds said Monday, before going 1-for-3 against the Astros, with a walk, a strikeout, a pop-up and a bad-hop double to right. "Normally, I go home and work out and train and everything else. Now I'm just exhausted all the time.

"I'm tired," Bonds said, wearily. "I'm always tired. It's never been like this before. I sleep all the time, all day."

It kind of reminds me of when McGwire stopped juicing (I think). He went from awesome-incredible to can't stay in the lineup and can't hit (in a manner of months).
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Jamba Juice - Orange-A-Peel with the protein boost.
    I love that stuff - my parents have one in NYC and my father-in-law lives near one in Florida.

I'll take the Matcha Green Tea Mist with the energy boost.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Chocks' lack of cyclamates will keep Barry from having that sluggish feeling.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Jamba Juice
    I think that's called Jiambi Juice isn't?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Apparently he is so tired he can't run out pop ups. I heard Jon Miller's call of a Bonds pop out this morning on ESPN radio. Bonds didn't run at all after popping a ball up and Miller was really giving him the business,deservedly so,IMO. It's pretty bad when the home team announcer is getting on you. Did anyone else hear this?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    Apparently he is so tired he can't run out pop ups. I heard Jon Miller's call of a Bonds pop out this morning on ESPN radio. Bonds didn't run at all after popping a ball up and Miller was really giving him the business,deservedly so,IMO. It's pretty bad when the home team announcer is getting on you. Did anyone else hear this?
    I saw that... he dinked it above the 2nd basemans head and walked down the line with the bat in his hand, he then turned and started to walk away... I swear Kent dropped it on purpose. Then he started to run... Charlie Steiner was all over him on the Dodgers Broadcast, the man can't stop when he runs, he can't cut at all.

He shouldn't be in the field.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    What is wrong with Jon Miller?!?! Doesn't he understand the unwritten rules of the game?

Unwritten Rules of The Game
    (1) Barry does whatever the hell Barry wants to do. If you don't like it, then you are a racist who likes to make his son cry.
    (2) Barry only plays for teams that follow rule 1. Jim Leyland tried it his own way and Barry packed-up and left town when he could do so.
    (3) Barry plays when Barry wants to play. Does not matter how pathetic his body or numbers are at the time. See rule 1 for clarification.

I expect that Jon Miller will be reprimanded for his "actions" and might be suspended. You DO NOT question Barry. Barry's actions are not allowed to be questioned. Soon all MLB players will not run out popups... be like Barry.

Good thing for Jon Miller that our own Kent Mercker (a Barry subordinate) does not play with the Giants... he might have received a visit from Barry's subordinate.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

"what could he start taking to help his recovery time? think, think, think "
    The clear or the cream.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

A week or so ago, I posted jokingly that it would be funny if Bonds was stuck on 713 forever.

Now, it's starting to sound like less of a joke. And I'm crying in my beer.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

And Barry's looking forward to prolonging his career as a DH......

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    A week or so ago, I posted jokingly that it would be funny if Bonds was stuck on 713 forever.

Now, it's starting to sound like less of a joke. And I'm crying in my beer.
    Four words.

Sports Illustrated Cover Jinx.

I can't really think of anyone on the planet I'd less rather be than Barry Bonds right now. The man cannot be enjoying his life. At all.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?