Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milton to start Saturday

Milton to start Saturday

This is from Marc's blog. Milton is going to start Saturday against the Tigers. Williams and Claussen are being moved up a day and it looks like Ramirez is out of the rotation.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

PITTSBURGH -- After two innings of work Monday, Eric Milton has been deemed healthy enough to start, so he'll go Saturday against the Tigers.

"I’m sure he’d like to have had more, but he says he’s ready to go and ready to pitch and threw a lot in that simulated game the other day," said Jerry Narron. "We’ll try to get him out there and get him going as quick as we can."

In the meantime, Dave Williams and Brandon Claussen will each move up a day, so Williams gets the finale here Thursday and Claussen goes in the opener in Detroit on Friday.

Elizardo Ramirez will be available out of the bullpen the next few days, but chances are he'll be headed back to Louisville to keep starting when Milton is activated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Milton to start Saturday

Anybody know who's due to pitch for the Tigers on Saturday?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    Anybody know who's due to pitch for the Tigers on Saturday?
    They have not announced their starter for Saturday yet.

That makes sense... take someone out of the rotation thats pitching good.

I saw earlier that it was Maroth and Robertson on the weekend.

We have a team full of rotten arms and a better one goes back to AAA.

If Milton only pitched 2 innings on Sunday does he really need 4 days rest before he can start? Especially when it means moving UP the two worst starters we've had this year. One wouldnt imagine that moving them UP would make them better, but indeed have the opposite effect. How about this idea instead.....if i concede the point that he DOES need 4 days rest. Why not let Lizard pitch thursday, Williams Friday, and then Milton saturday and push Clausen BACK a day and give him extra rest. Or go with Lizard Thursday Williams Friday, Clausen Saturday and Milton Sunday and give EVERYONE an extra days rest. Sure that pushes our best two back a game, but its not likely to cost them a start at the end of the year since we can reshuffle at the All Star Break anyway.
    Maybe I just have a really big ego but i dont see why these options arent both better than what was posted on Marc's blog. Am I missing something?

What the heck?

Stupid move. Take a guy with a 3 ERA out, but leave guys with ERAs in the 4s and 5s in.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I saw earlier that it was Maroth and Robertson on the weekend.

We have a team full of rotten arms and a better one goes back to AAA.
    Robertson pitches tonight so he should go on Sunday. Maroth pitched Sunday, so he will go on Friday. Saturdays game will probably be Verlander.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

ugh...of course i have tickets for saturdays game. i need to stop going to reds games....last year in cleveland I was treated to the pitching styles of one Luke Hudson.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

This is Good news

Especiallly if it is the MILTON who pitched his first few outtings this season
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    Robertson pitches tonight so he should go on Sunday. Maroth pitched Sunday, so he will go on Friday. Saturdays game will probably be Verlander.
    I saw where with the off day it is Verlander on thursday followed by Bonderman, Maroth and Robertson for the Reds series.

In Wayne We Trust

I don't agree with this decision. I'd like to see Ramirez and Williams pitch one more game each this week. They both pitched well last week. I want to know if Williams' game last week was a fluke or not. I think fluke, but you never know. And Milton only pitched 2 innings. Why not let him make one start in AAA before finalizing this? I think we're better off with Milton in the rotation, however, we've been pitching just fine the past few weeks without him.....what's the rush?
    > :lindner:

This move doesn't surprise me because Ramirez is only 23 years old and he has plenty of options left.

Quote Originally Posted by BoCcc2832
    This move doesn't surprise me because Ramirez is only 23 years old and he has plenty of options left.
    Who cares how old he is when his ERA is 1/2 of Williams' and Williams has options left?

Quote Originally Posted by BoCcc2832
    Thank God White or Hammonds don't have to be exposed to waivers.

Turn Off Ads?