Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

  1. #1
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,609

    Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    To open up space for Cody Ross (The Reds are 1-0 in games he has played) and to bring back Tony Womack. Womack was granted his unconditional release on May 3. The Reds were 19-8 at the time but they have only gone 4-8 since. His lack of veteran spark must be the cause of the offense's slump. May 3 was also the day Ross went on the DL.


    Dunn and Griffey can then be moved to the Yankees so they can platoon in left field (Reenactment Jr to play against lefties) and the Yankees can send a bunch of pitching prospects from the low minors because the offensive slump is caused by the Reds bad bullpen and lack of starting pitchers.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,314

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    Quote Originally Posted by klw
    To open up space for Cody Ross (The Reds are 1-0 in games he has played) and to bring back Tony Womack. Womack was granted his unconditional release on May 3. The Reds were 19-8 at the time but they have only gone 4-8 since. His lack of veteran spark must be the cause of the offense's slump. May 3 was also the day Ross went on the DL.


    Dunn and Griffey can then be moved to the Yankees so they can platoon in left field (Reenactment Jr to play against lefties) and the Yankees can send a bunch of pitching prospects from the low minors because the offensive slump is caused by the Reds bad bullpen and lack of starting pitchers.
    Wow...I'd have to disagree. But I have a feeling you are kidding.

  4. #3
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    sounds like a plan
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  5. #4
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    To open up space for Cody Ross (The Reds are 1-0 in games he has played) and to bring back Tony Womack.

  6. #5
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,713

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    Wow...I'd have to disagree. But I have a feeling you are kidding.
    ya think?
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    474

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    :all_cohol

  8. #7
    Bada Bing cincy09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Zanesvegas, OH
    Posts
    1,484

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    2006 Redszone Prospect Draft - Johnny Cueto
    2007 Redszone Prospect Draft - Pedro Viola, Alexis Oliveras
    2007 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (27) Michael Burgess, Supp. (60) Wes Roemer, 2nd (92) Barry Enright, 3rd (122) Jonathan Bachanov
    2009 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (9) Shelby Miller, 2nd (58) Marc Krauss, 3rd (89) Daniel Fields

  9. #8
    In Wayne We Trust
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    156

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    I would like to see Cody Ross play to see how'd he perform. McCracken isn't doing much of anything right now.

    C. Ross + Womack > Dunn + Griffey
    > :lindner:

  10. #9
    Duranie Ho, Ho, Ho! KittyDuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    8,418

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    Cody had the game winning hit last night for the Bats...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

  11. #10
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,609

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    Reds now 8-1 with Ross on the active 25 man roster.

    Wahoo!

  12. #11
    "A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    3,299

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    Don't know if I'd rather have what you are smoking or what Cody Ross is smoking.
    I realize you aren't serious.
    You AREN'T are you???

    ---RedRoser

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cookeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    337

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    I know that you are kidding but people have started threads like this in the past and been serious. Someone is always coming up with a theory that when one certain player (insert any name) is on the field plays the reds win or lose.

  14. #13
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,609

    Re: Why the Reds must move Dunn and Griffey

    Quote Originally Posted by James B.
    I know that you are kidding but people have started threads like this in the past and been serious. Someone is always coming up with a theory that when one certain player (insert any name) is on the field plays the reds win or lose.
    Thus the thread.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25