Turn Off Ads?

Thread: even though Guillen had a attitude he can Hit!!!

even though Guillen had a attitude he can Hit!!!

I was wondering what the thought was on Jose Guillen on this site? I know he had a attitude but man can he hit.. he did well here and what would be the chance we could get him back since washington isnt going to sign him long term?? anyone have inside info on how Gullien was liked by the team? he could help as he hits and did real well here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: even though Guillen had a attitude he can Hit!!!

He didn't handle the logjam in the outfield very well, and since there would still be that logjam if they added him, he'd probably blow up the clubhouse.

How about finding some pitching first?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

What Johnny Footstool said!!!!!!!!!!
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

First, I think trading Guillen is one of the best moves we've made in years. He didn't want to stay in Cincinnati because of the log jam in the outfield, and we were able to get Aaron Harang for him. Great trade.

As for getting him back, I'll pass. There's a reason Oakland didn't even make an effort to re-sign him when the season was over, and a reason that the Angels essentially booted him off the team. I feel like the Reds are trying to remove the me-first people and build an atmosphere that surrounds the team. I think Guillen would be a real step back.

I was wondering what the thought was on Jose Guillen on this site?
    Same thing we thought 3 years ago.

Can't take a walk, leans over the plate and gets his hands pounded, somewhat a shaky fielder, his arm is now toast, plus from what I surmise the guy is a clubhouse problem, the type who refused to be in the 2003 Reds team picture.

I'll pass.

Oh and today he turns 30.

Happy Birthday Jose

BTW go search 2003 fro the stuff on him

http://www.redszone.com/forums/search.php

He's not playing well this year. That is for sure.

Code:
             G	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	SB	BA	OBP	SLG
    Season	35	132	18	29	8	0	5	18	0	.220	.262	.394
    School's out. What did you expect?

He's not playing well this year. That is for sure.
    No, he isn't. But he proved in 2003-2005 that he was a much better hitter than his previous performance showed. During 2003, most people on this site felt he would revert to pre-2003 numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve
    No, he isn't. But he proved in 2003-2005 that he was a much better hitter than his previous performance showed. During 2003, most people on this site felt he would revert to pre-2003 numbers.
    It's his approach, he stands much closer to the plate then he did prior to 2003, but he's paying for it with constant hand injuries.

Code:
    .289/.345/.488  in 1231 PA's since 2003

.337/.385/.629  in 349 PA's for the Reds in 2003

.260/.305/.398  in 2202 PA's from 97-02

It's his approach, he stands much closer to the plate then he did prior to 2003, but he's paying for it with constant hand injuries.
    Curious.

He's still a better ballplayer than he was generally given credit for back then, when being a five-tooler was regularly disparaged and his learning/performance curve was considered flat.

Ron Artest + Pine Tar = Jose Guillen

Curious.

He's still a better ballplayer than he was generally given credit for back then, when being a five-tooler was regularly disparaged and his learning/performance curve was considered flat.
    He's done pretty OK. Journeyman type numbers, but there is certainly a place for that in the league.

Have you seen him throw this year? It's sad. He no longer has a gun because of his shoulder. that really hurts his defense as his arm was a big part of his game.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Curious.

He adjusted his game and came to age in an offensive era. His walk totals are stagnate and his HBP numbers have skyrocketed, it's a double edged sword, it feeds his OB% and approach but saps his power since most HBP are in on his hands.

5 Tools? Jose can't run and his BA is a sway bar.. but that said he's done better than I expected, but with the same amount of ups and downs I thought he'd experience. But as a teammate his stay in the AL was fraught with complaints, he crabbed when Oakland din't sign him, then the Angel incident... his talent doesn't warrent the headache at that price IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    How about finding some pitching first?
    No way, it's always the offenses fault.
    Go Gators!

You have to ask yourself if you'd rather have Guillen or Harang at this point.

My answer would be Harang.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?