Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Per Sportsline.com rumours page....

Per Sportsline.com rumours page....

Per sportsline.com
    "The Reds have expressed interest in former Royals pitcher Joe Mays, who was released Monday after Kansas City was unable to trade him, says the Kansas City Star. "

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Per Sportsline.com rumours page....

"Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Why?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

oh goody
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Why?
    Because we still have Dave Williams on the roster and who knows if Eric Milton's ever going to be any good again or if Paul Wilson will ever pitch again, and it's probably stretching optimism for both Claussen and Ramirez to be effective all year. Joe Mays isn't a good pitcher. But sometimes, it's enough if he's just a little better than the guy he'd replace. Not saying he is, mind you. Just that we can expect the Reds to take a long look at practically anything that can pick up a baseball.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

I'd rather have Willie Mays.

It's becoming painfully obvious that help is not on the way.

Well, he should be able to be had pretty cheap but I'm not sure he'd be of any help.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    Well, he should be able to be had pretty cheap but I'm not sure he'd be of any help.
    He'd be available for a prorated amount of the league minimum, with the Royals picking up the rest of his contract. At least that's how I think it works.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

If we're signing him after he clears waivers, the Royals are on the hook for it all. It's also possible that he might agree to a minor league deal and let him see what he can do at Louisville. I said right away that Krivskey might take a flyer on him since he started in Minnesota. I don't see him as a pick up for the ML roster at this point, but to have a look at him at AAA, I'd like that move.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Why?
    he used to be a Twin, there is a trend for some GMs to have a perverse fascination with certain bad players.

If the Royals cut you, you have no business pitching at all.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    If the Royals cut you, you have no business pitching at all.
    I was hoping that with the end of the DanO era the Reds would quit picking up castoffs of the worst pitching teams in baseball. (DanO was fascinated with Eggs and Rangers castoffs).

I'd rather see Krivsky go after Greinke.

Off the schneid

People, people, people....
    Given the front office track record of the preceding several years, I understand a certain amount of cynicism is justly deserved, but come on. So far, Krivsky has done nothing but show that his evaluation of talent is good and that he's not going to make desperation grabs or collect garbage just to be able to say he made a move. Many of you are the first to realize that more times than not the "heat" rising from these rumors is just steam rising off of a freshly dropped cow pie. Let's not get our shorts in a wad just yet.
    Let's remain calm.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    he used to be a Twin, there is a trend for some GMs to have a perverse fascination with certain bad players.
    Maybe hes going to pick up ex-twins players like Jimbo picks up ex-reds players?

Turn Off Ads?